GIZ Ghana has a vacant position for young talents. Join their dynamic team as an IT Specialist/Junior IT specialist and grow in a fast-paced, innovative environment. They encourage young and bright talent in the IT space to apply, as they value fresh perspectives and innovative ideas that contribute to their cutting-edge technology solutions.
6 people are needed Accra and 1 person needed to work Tamale and Wa respectively.
Scope of The Position At GIZ:
As an IT Specialist/Junior IT Specialist, IT and digital tools are used extensively by the GIZ employees to achieve its business objectives. Consequently, IT Specialist must ensure that all relevant IT systems are working as they should and in compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
- Installation, upgrade and maintenance of IT-Equipment. (e.g. client computer, printers, network equipment, scanners, servers, peripheral devices)
- Monitors the state of hardware and software in use for security aspects.
- Tests new hardware systems and identifies options for upgrading existing systems and peripherals.
- Monitors the internet connections in use to ensure maximum uptime.
- Implements IT security measures in projects office.
- Monitors vulnerabilities in the communications networks to prevent data leaks.
- Helps regularly update antivirus software and relevant operating system updates/patches to ensure a secure working environment.
- Resolves all technical and connectivity issues, prepares all the necessary information, and provides phone support.
- Maintains all GIZ standards (e.g., Ms. 365, WINPACCS, SAP) and custom software used in project offices.
- Knowledge and experience in Incident and Escalation Management.
- Helps implementing ISMS in alliance with GIZ Headquarters strategy and local Information Security Advisor.
- Ensure that the IT systems in use comply to GIZ Standard Policies and Guidelines.
- Keeps an inventory of software and hardware.
Academic And Work History:
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science, Information Technology or related fields
- Outstanding knowledge of IT hardware and software used, (Windows Server) computer network systems (Cisco Meraki), database software, network security.
- At least 2 years professional experience in Information Technology position or a supporting experience in IT areas.
- Good presentation, communication, and reporting skills with the ability to present complex technical details in a simple business context good time
- Outstanding working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. Microsoft 365)
- Good knowledge and command of the English is a must and team spirit.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
How to Apply
Forward your detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to email@example.com under the Job Code 2024/ITS/30/01 and your preferred Duty Station.
Date Of Closure: 13th February, 2024
If you do not hear from GIZ Two (2) weeks after the deadline, take it as your application was unsuccessful.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED