There is a new open slot available at Legendary Foods. The manufacturer is looking for a driven, goal-oriented, mindful, detail-oriented, and hardworking Accounting Officer to be part of an exciting new venture with a strong social and environmental impact. In addition to Accounting, the chosen candidate will have an operational mindset capable of evolving to do advanced analysis, models, and costing.
- Accurately prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual closings and submit them promptly.
- Accurately reconcile accounts payable and receivable promptly.
- Ensure the timely processing of all bank payments.
- Prepare taxes and file tax returns on time.Ensure the proper documentation of all financial transactions by entering account information.
- Provide financial security by ensuring compliance with internal control measures.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups on time.
- Prepare balance sheets and profit/loss statements for the company monthly.
- Submit a monthly report on the company’s financial health and liquidity.
- Audit all financial transactions and documents to ensure compliance with all financial policies and regulations by employees.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Assist in preparing for all month-end and year-end close processes.
Suggested: Job Announcement At Carrot Institute
Legendary Foods’ Requirements For The Open Slot
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from a recognized university.Professional certification with a recognized body (ACCA, CA, etc.)Excellent working knowledge of accounting software (preferably SAGE/ Quickbooks).
- Proficient in G-suite products.
- Strong understanding and application of cost accounting principles and inventory management.
- Strong understanding and application of cost accounting principles: COGS, including direct labour and overheads
- A strong understanding and application of all regulatory requirements: PAYE, SSNIT, and remittancesStrong understanding and application of all regulatory requirements on taxation in Ghana: WTH, VAT, Corporate tax, etc.
- Ability to build and maintain critical external relationships, including Government authorities, financial institutions, vendors, sub-contractors, etc.
- Ability to review services/supply bids and negotiate pricing/payment terms.
- The ease with physical and electronic recordkeeping of all financial records and supporting documentation.
- Payroll Management, including overtime calculation and verification, regular salary and time clock pay, casual workers management and payment
- Ability to supervise and manage all cashflow requirements of multiple petty cash, mobile money, and banking.
- Ability to perform all cash management related tasks related to banking, ex: online payee maintenance, electronic file submissions, statement download, etc.
Additional desired qualities
- Comfort with and quick grasp of online applications & softwareAbility, willingness, and initiative to learn/research/enhance skills
- Entrepreneurial mentality
- Ability to comprehend the inter-dependencies of multiple teams and ramifications to accounting/finance.
- Excellent interpersonal communication that is transparent, concise, and accurate.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience, education, and expertise.
How To Send An Applications
Submit the following documents:
- Cover letter or letter of intention
- CV titled “Accounts Officer Application.”
- A copy of your bachelor’s degree
- A copy of any other accounting certificate/diploma,
To the email to: Augustus Marfo, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 27th May, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED