AGRA has opened up on it new Offer Of Employment. They are looking forward to hiring a Senior Program Officer, Women Entrepreneurship in Agriculture (WEA).
Job Reference: SPO/SPD/12/2022
Location: Nairobi, Kenya or Kigali, Rwanda or Accra, Ghana
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads in strategic analysis and conceptualization of projects, services and events in support of women in agribusiness.
- Leads in provision of technical assistance and backstopping in developing and delivery of integrated business solutions and services to women agripreneurs in Africa, refining models of services as per relevance and desired impact.
- Identifies and monitors key trends and contextual dynamics which the support to women in agribusiness enterprises in in Africa.
Recommended: Massive Visa Sponsorship Job Recruitment in UK
- Guides implementing partners in the design and implementation of projects and grants that enhance the positioning of women in agribusiness and agri-trade, agri-finance and an equitable business enabling environment.
- Guides implementing partners in the design and implementation of projects that enhance women agripreneurship.
- Advocates for partnerships between women networks, governments and agribusinesses to upgrade women’s agri-businesses, to boost trade and market opportunities for increased viability and profitability. Mobilizes service providers to strengthen the WEA and the VALUE4HER platform services to increase buy in from actors and women members.
- Advises women in agriculture stakeholders on needs and opportunities for women in agricultural market trade policies, finance, and investment opportunities and enabling an equitable business environment
- Builds partnership with inclusive markets team and all other teams in AGRA to better leverage capabilities and investments to boost impact for women in agribusiness.
- Devise Advocacy and knowledge agenda for the initiative, lead the development of research and insights, useful for advocacy and improving the growth pathways for women’s agribusinesses.
- Communicates results through written and verbal communication.
- Oversees the implementation of the VALUE4HER business case, and delivery of strategic implementation plan.
- Creates background documents, analysis, briefs and presentations, often on short timelines.
- Plans and facilitates the delivery of programs and grants in fulfilment of WEA and VALUE4HER objectives.
- Tracks and regularly provides intelligence on key trends and opportunities within the continent and across AGRA focus countries.
- Oversees the improved coordination and investment in WEA and the Value4Her initiative and the women agripreneur networks in country and across the continent.
- Develops the relevant tools for monitoring and evaluation of the initiative, implements successes and advises when remedial actions are necessary.
Relevant Experience For AGRA’s Offer Of Employment
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience working in various African countries in program design implementation and management working with women in agriculture networks, women private sector, governments, development partners or other such institutions.
- Experience in a management consulting firm in the broad field of strategy and/or other related areas (business efficiency, performance improvement, organizational change, business and sector intelligence, stakeholder engagement etc.) will be an added advantage.
- Extensive experience in agriculture markets and trade, and private sector engagement with agricultural systems targeting women.
- Good command of English, a working knowledge of French will be an advantage.
- Aware of the new opportunities and priorities for agriculture development to both internal and external audiences.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment with multiple competing demands.
- Demonstrable ability to work in complex work dynamics and challenges. Able to adapt rapidly to new technical areas.
- Ability to deliver high quality products under pressure.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrable ability to engage government, development partners and private sector.
- Experience in developing and managing strong partnerships and relationships inside and outside the organization, managing conflicts, and building consensus. Comfortably engages with senior decision makers within organization and constructively challenges colleagues, clients, and stakeholders.
- Experience of end-to-end project management, including scoping and design, resourcing, risk management and quality assurance.
- Good team working skills.
- Excellent oral, facilitation, and written communication skills; works well in diverse teams, with efficiency and diplomacy.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Masters’ degree in agribusiness, agricultural economics, gender economics, gender in agriculture, finance and investments or other relevant disciplines related to gender, agricultural or agribusiness development.
- Deep knowledge of women’s economic empowerment and market systems development and the demonstrated ability to catalyze change in addressing challenges faced by women.
- Solid knowledge of international, continental, and regional gender in markets policies and trade institutions.
- Possesses a good understanding of agriculture market development efforts in public, private and donor sectors in Africa.
- Waiter/Waitress Jobs abroad for Foreigners
- Number of Advertised Jobs Increase by 11.7% – BoG
- Fresh Job Opportunity At WHO
How To Submit An Application For Employment Offer At AGRA
Apply by clicking on this Link
Deadline: 31st December, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED