Here is the latest job vacancy open at African Union The Union is looking to work with a new Senior Internal Auditor (AfCFTA).
- Audits AfCFTA Secretariat administrative, human resources and financial records, statements, and reports, verifying accuracy and consistency.
- Audits AfCFTA Secretariat information systems, assessing compliance with data security and storage requirements.
- Reviews internal controls, policies, and procedures for effectiveness.
- Drafts and presents reports of findings and analysis; identifies and recommends revisions and improvements to accounting practices and procedures.
- Perform internal audit and risk management, conduct internal audits of the AfCFTA Secretariat
- Provide audit guidelines and principles by understanding and documenting business processes, interpreting financial policies and procedures, governance practices and regulatory requirements, assessing compliance with African Union laws, policies and procedures
- Support the safeguarding of assets by reviewing the internal controls of those assets and verifying the existence of those assets
- Identify potential operational, financial or compliance risks that warrant audit attention
- Contribute to the development of an overall internal review and audit program for the AfCFTA Secretariat by identifying files and activities to be analysed and planning work assignments for departmental audits
- Prepares audit report and advises on audit findings, participates in departmental and employee training in internal controls and policy and follow-up on audit actions taken by management
- Performs due diligence, contributes to the overall success of the AfCFTA Secretariat by working as a team member on audits and special projects and performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Suggested Post: Job Vacancy Open At Ernest & Young
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience:
- Master’s degree in auditing or accounting or financial management or business administration or a related discipline, with 7 years of professional experience, including 3 years at a supervisory level in the field of auditing, accounting and finance, with at least 5 years in auditing
- Bachelor’s degree in auditing or accounting or financial management or business administration or related discipline with 10 years of professional experience, including 3 years at a supervisory level in the practice of auditing, of which at least 5 years must be in auditing
- Relevant professional certification, i.e., “Certified Public Accountant” or Chartered/Certified Public Accountant designation (e.g., ACCA, CPA, CIMA, CA, etc.)
- Membership in a relevant professional organization will be an added advantage.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations both internally and externally in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity, including gender balance
- professional reports
- Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and reporting
- Extensive knowledge of information systems security.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in one of the AU officials working languages (Arabic, English, French, Kiswahili, Portuguese and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
Salary: Very Attractive
How To Send A Job Request To African Union
Applications Submission Date: September 11, 2023. 11h59 p.m. UTC.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED