IntraHealth International is currently seeking a MERL Director for an upcoming Ghana Health Program project that aims to increase access, utilization and quality of maternal and child health, family planning, malaria, and nutrition services to reduce preventable maternal, newborn, and child deaths in northern Ghana.
Director of Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL)
The MERL Director will monitor the project’s progress, track performance indicators, and provide advice on activity adjustments needed for the project to be more responsive to evolving local conditions. The MERL Director will also play a leading role in galvanizing other staff responsible for the delivery of key activity results, and in the preparation and on time delivery of scheduled reports and data submission. They will ensure a robust MERL data system to enhance the collection, management, and analysis of program data and to track and report progress towards achieving results. Ghanaian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide direct support and technical assistance for the development and implementation of the project’s monitoring and evaluation system.
- Lead the development and implementation of program evaluations, assessments, and research related activities.
- Support the project team to develop and use harmonized data capture tools and data analysis plans for reportable indicators at all levels, ensuring timeliness, quality, and completeness of data.
- Mentor and support the project team in the regular use of data at all levels to target and/or adapt programming.
- Support HMIS strengthening and use of strategic information for decision making by Ministry of Health, Ghana Health Service, regional, district, and local health directorates and committees.
- Ensure data quality by conducting and participating in data quality assessments (DQAs) on all project indicators.
- Compile and visualize project data to facilitate regular data review meetings.
- Lead project evaluation and learning activities to facilitate adaptive management.
- Collect and disseminate best practices and lessons learned from the project and prepare technical reports based on results to assist project in knowledge sharing.
- Research, compile, write, and submit information, including results and their analysis, for project reports, including the quarterly and annual reports, and respond to requests for data from USAID and other stakeholders.
- Ensure the continuous monitoring of program progress in close collaboration with Ministry of Health, Ghana Health Service, USAID, and other implementing partners.
- Master’s degree in demography, statistics, economics, public health, epidemiology or another similar field.
- Eight years of work experience in the area of monitoring, evaluation and learning in Ghana.
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative research and analytic methodologies and operations research.
- Experience in data presentation, visualization, and use.
- A firm command of the MEL issues with respect to MNCH; experience with U.S. government MNCH indicators.
- Good knowledge of DHIS2.
- Demonstrated skills in data management and use of relevant analysis software (SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, Atlas.ti, ArcGIS).
- Demonstrated experience in managing a team of professionals and collaborating with government officials at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and English language oral presentation skills.
Ability to travel up to 20% within the country. International travel possible.
How To Submit an Application for the MERL Director
To Submit an Application, Kindly Visit this link
Closing Date: 16th December 2022
Find other recommended Jobs below:
- Latest Job Opportunities At Anglogold Ashanti
- Amazing Job Opportunities At Absa Bank
- Nayasa Group Of Companies Job Vacancy
- Guinness Ghana Accepts Job Applications
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED