Zipline is here with a new employment ad. They are looking for an experienced and motivated Payroll Accountant to join our fast-paced Accounting and Finance team in Africa.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform a high-level review of payroll reports for all of our Africa entities
- Prepare payment files and upload to bank portals
- Manage payroll related tax payments and tax filings
- Resolve any payroll tax related issues with local government agencies
- Prepare and upload payroll related journals to accounting software
- Reconcile all payroll related general ledger accounts in a timely manner
- Assist with financial audit requests related to our Africa entities
- Be the point of contact for all payroll related matters in Africa
- Research, track and correct accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Provide ad-hoc reports for internal partners
- Partner with the internal teams on country wide projects
- Perform other reasonable tasks as assigned
- Assist with new payroll system implementation
- Eventually perform payroll processing tasks for all countries from end to end using new
payroll software and working with payroll service provider
- Ensures compliance with local payroll and wage laws
Suggested Post: Job Opportunity At British Council
What You’ll Bring:
- At least 3 years proven accounting experience, preferably as a payroll accountant; knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles.
- Hands-on experience as a payroll clerk or payroll administration.
- Education degree from an accredited university or college is preferred; comparable relevant professional experience may be an alternative to a degree.
- Computer, Internet and general proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, G-Suite, Slack, Netsuite.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred.
- Experience processing payroll and/or performing accounting activities for Ghana, Rwanda, Nigeria, Kenya, and Cote D’Ivoire preferred.
- Strong attention to detail with an aptitude for numbers and the ability to understand processes and formulas.
- Strong organizational, administrative and process coordination skills, and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Effective written and spoken communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to collaborate and build relationships with staff, clients, remote colleagues and supervisors, and others.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and use appropriate discretion when interacting and sharing information with others.
- Able to think critically, exercise sound judgment, ask questions and be open to the input and decisions of others; both independently and collaboratively lead, solve problems, make decisions and manage changeHow
Apply For The Career Ad At Zipline
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED