Chirano Gold Mines Limited has a new job opening. The institution is looking for a highly qualified, proactive, motivated, and resourceful person to fill the position of a Process Manager.
The office holder reports directly to the General Manager and will be responsible for all aspects of the Business Unit Management, ensuring production and financial results of the Processing plant are delivered in line with the annual and strategic business plan.
- Ensure relevant Safety, Mining and other statutory Codes and Regulations remain in full compliance.
- Actively promote Safety Culture and Hazard Awareness on the Mine by achieving zero reportable environmental incidents, zero compliance breaches and continually review the safety standards and work practices for the Process Plant workforce.
- Participate with the General Manager to set production goals and policy for the mine and then direct the activities of the Process
- Plant staff to achieve those production goals. Set performance targets, and measures.
- Prepare annual operating plans and budgets for the Process Plant as well as monthly forecasts. Maintain costs by controlling labor, power and supplies while achieving production targets.
- Develop and maintain Metallurgical Accounting, Reconciliation procedures and coordinate the shipment of bullion.
- Develop daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for production, gold recovery and operating cost whilst monitoring operating budget and control systems for the consumables.
- Plan and manage plant shutdowns to maximize time available for plant maintenance and processing jobs whilst ensuring minimal production losses.
- Provide leadership, guidance, support, and back-up to operational and maintenance personnel in order to develop the team, increase efficiency and achieve targets whilst adhering to mine standards and legislation.
- Provide technical input to all project evaluations e.g. capital expenditure proposals and/or plant/process modifications.
- Develop and ensure the implementation of strategies and action plans to meet the objectives of the department and promote the implementation of continuous improvement tools that allow innovating and optimizing processes.
- Provide strong people management skills and lead a team of approximately 100 people in total.
- Develop systems and measure that appropriately assess milling and leaching operations performance to ensure goal achievement.
- Manage the metallurgical laboratory and team to support optimization of the process plant operations.
- Develop policies and procedures relating to safety, environment, individual and organizational development.
- Improve integration of the mining, milling, and maintenance functions.
- Prepare business cases regarding projects and initiatives, analyzes information, and prepares technical documents to support decision making; presents recommendations and status updates to key stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor
Related Article: Job Listing At Axis Human Capital
Academic & Career Background
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Metallurgical, Mineral Processing or Chemical Engineering or a related qualification from a
recognised institution. A Master’s degree in Metallurgical, Mineral Processing or Chemical engineering will be an added advantage.
- Must possess MINCOM Process Manager’s certificate of competency.
- Minimum of 15 years experience with 5 years in senior management in metallurgical and mineral processing operations.
- Additional specialized training or education in business and project management, operations management, safety and risk
assessment or continuous improvement.
- General knowledge of Surface and Underground mining and the integration of the mining, milling, and maintenance functions.
- Knowledge in Metallurgical accounting, CIL/CIP plant optimization, Metallurgical Test works procedures and metallurgical laboratory management.
- Detailed knowledge of all phases of gold processing including grinding and agitated leaching with cyanide, carbon absorption and
regeneration, and refining.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify opportunities for improvement and mobilize subordinates to act on these opportunities.
- Able to work independently, as well as be an effective member of the management team.
- Must possess strong verbal, written, analytical and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees
- Has the skill of planning, deciding priorities and able to plan jobs in coordination with colleagues, other departments, and
- Budgeting, planning, and scheduling experience required as well as financial (cost) management.
- Experience in managing diverse employees (language, cultural, religious, etc.).
- Management skills with the ability to engage and transfer knowledge to all direct reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral and apply appropriate discipline when required.
- Able to work independently, as well be an effective member of the management team.
- Flexible rotations including night shift and demonstrated ability to work safely under pressure.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications including word, Advanced excel, power-point, outlook, and other software /tools.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian drivers’ License.
How To Apply Chirano Gold Mines’ Job
Send your application and CV to: Chiranohr.email@example.com with Process Manager indicated in the subject area.
Deadline for submission: 19th February, 2024.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED