The Kofi Annan Foundation has put out a hiring ad. The foundation is looking for a Programme Officer to join our youth and peace team. Under the supervision of the Deputy Director for Programmes, the Programme Officer will be required to perform a wide range of functions and responsibilities supporting the Foundation’s Youth and Peace projects.
- Managing the day-to-day operations and grant management of the Bridges to Peace project in Uganda, and other future projects once funding is secured, including:
- Coordinating the overall project delivery and planning project activities with the in-country partner(s),
- Staying ahead of contextual developments to ensure the relevance and effectiveness of projects,
- Monitoring project activities according to project requirements and schedule,
- Collecting quarterly updates and M&E data from the partner,
- Preparing financial and narrative reporting to donors, the Board, or others.
- Contributing to the design of and resource mobilization for projects within the Youth and Peace programme, especially for the development of Extremely Together in the Sahel, with the production of concept notes for new projects, funding proposals and budgets, as well as conducting research on funding sources.
- Liaising with donors and partners and supporting the fundraising strategy of the programme.
Recommended: Mass Job Recruitment At Amalitech Ghana/Rwanda
- Contributing to the strategic development of the programmatic work areas.
- Supporting the communication efforts aimed at making the programme’s achievements and activities visible through content development of programme documents and resources (project briefs, talking points and communications material).
- Supporting the organization (content and logistics) of online and offline meetings and events, as well as mission travel in collaboration with the Foundation’s Travel Coordinator.
- Supporting the review process of reports and overseeing their production processes (copy editing, translations, layout and printing of publications).
- Assisting in identifying speaking and advocacy opportunities for the programme at the international, regional and national levels.
Representation and other tasks:
- Undertaking official mission travel as may be required.
- Performing other tasks as required by the Deputy Director for Programmes, the Programme Manager or the Executive Director.
Skills and competencies required:
- Post-graduate university degree in international relations, political science, conflict prevention, international law, human rights, or a related field.
- Three to five years of relevant professional experience with a national, regional, or international governmental or non-governmental organization working in youth inclusion and/or peace and security.
- Previous lived/professional field experience and previous experience working in partnership with local civil society organizations are desirable.
- Project management experience is a requirement, experience in the management (financial and operational management and reporting) of grants from government/multilateral organizations such as the EU is a strong asset.
- Strong writing experience and analytical skills, and the ability to synthesize complex global issues into effective statements and compelling written products.
- Excellent written and spoken English and French required; Spanish is an advantage.
- Good research and organizational skills.
- Sound judgment, discretion, resourcefulness, and good interpersonal and intercultural skills are prized attributes.
- Ability to take initiative, work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
How To Submit An Application To Kofi Annan Foundation For Its Hiring Ad
Deadline: 30th April, 2023
The selected candidate would be expected to take up the position in June 2023.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED