There is a fresh job vacancy at BIMA. A the position holder is looking to hire a Head of Finance. The position holder will be based in Accra, Ghana.
Specific responsibilities include:
Management and month-end closing
- General Ledger Accounting management in our accounting software/ERP (ERP – Workday).
- Management of month-end closing with responsibility of the month-end checklist and balance sheet reconciliation.
- Management of Payroll for over 700 staff
- Timely monthly reporting to Group in the format defined by Group Finance.
- Management of annual audit and annual financial statements.
Controls and compliance
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- Statutory reporting requirements as needed (e.g. tax).
- Management of internal control environment in compliance with the Group policies (Payroll, Claims, Procurement, etc.).
- Collaboration with advisors and regional finance team on these topics.
Working capital management
- Revenue reconciliation with our IT systems and our partners.
- Invoicing to partners and collection of receivables.
- Full ownership of the Account Payable process.
- Cash flow management and preparation of funding request.
- Support Country Manager as well as Division Heads with ‘real time’ costs and profitability analysis
- Be a trusted adviser who adds value and assist in decision making
- Ensure good working relationships with underwriting partners, telco partners and regulators
- Ensure timely receipts and payment from and to our suppliers and partners
The candidate must be/have:
- Professional qualification -ICAG/ACCA /CIMA – Final level
- Minimum of Bachelor or master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Should have completed national service
- At least 5-10 years working experience in accounting or auditing roles (Senior management)
- Excellent knowledge in accounting principles and standards (IFRS).
- Good knowledge in Ghana tax laws
- Excellent in the use of ERP systems. We use Tally and Workday Financials.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Excel
Read Also: Gold Star (WASSA) Limited Job Recruitment
- Good leadership skills
- Must be results-oriented
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English
- Must be proactive and work collaboratively
- Must be self-motivated
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Experience in the Insurance Industry will be highly advantageous
How To Submit An Application To BIMA For The Fresh Job Vacancy
Deadline: 30th April, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED