There is a job vacancy for role Finance Support at British Council.
The Finance team is looking to engage an intern to support the financial team in carrying out basic tasks while also gaining experience and learn essential industry skills. The intern will have the opportunity to put to practice his/her accounting knowledge and skills in a professional setting as they gain more experience to further their career in the field.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall guidance of the Senior Financial Accountant (SFA), the duties will include but not limited to:
- Provide support by reviewing and scanning all invoices to the Shared Service Centre(SSC), keeping senior accountant in the loop of all correspondence with the centre.
- Support by following up on open Purchase Orders to ensure they are closed on time by ensuring Purchase Orders are good receipted in accordance with policy and invoices scanned and processed by SSC within agreed timelines.
- Support by reviewing and preparing off system payment requests for approval by senior accountant and Country Director
- Support in reviewing and processing refund requests, preparing and parking of standard journals
- Support with handling of Petty Cash, ensuring payments are made in accordance with policy and promptly recording transactions on SAP. Ensures month end petty Cash reconciliations are also completed for approval by senior accountant.
- Support in filing statutory payment returns at Ghana Revenue Authority
- Responsible for the management of With Holding Tax Clearance certificates, ensuring they are properly arranged or sorted, and giving them out to vendors, and keeping records of certificates given out to vendors.
Learning and development opportunities for the intern
- The intern will have an opportunity to gain hands-on accounting experience and learn about the various aspects of the accounting function in a multinational organisation
- Develop a whole new set of cross-disciplinary skills for your future career.
- Becoming familiar with working in an International Organization and in a multicultural environment
- Introduction and experience working with SAP
Profile of Intern:
Essential: The ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Basic knowledge of MsWord and MsExcel
- Interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication
- The ability to be discreet when handling sensitive financial information
- A willingness to learn
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Experience in development of statistics, charts in Excel
Duration: 12 months
Remuneration and benefits: Competitive
Contract Type – Locally Engaged
Location – Accra, Ghana
Requirements – All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in country of application. The British Council will not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits.
Application Guide For The Role: Finance Support
Closing Date: 4th July 2023 (23:59 West Africa Time)
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED