Plan is seeking to recruit a Finance and Grants Compliance Specialist.
Dimensions of Role:
Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports
The Finance and Compliance Sub-Grant Specialist’s role within this team will be to monitor and provide grantee support on financial management and contractual compliance to local women’s rights organizations. The Finance and Compliance Sub-Grant Specialist will focus on financial management and compliance capacity development to multiple women’s rights organizations and sub-grant recipients.
The position is based in Accra, within a Plan International Office and in addition requires extended travel to Plan field offices (up to 50%).
Check Also: JSI Research & Training Institute Work Option
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required:
Gained through education, training, & experience
Knowledge and skills
- MBA in Finance and related field
- Fluent in oral and written English.
- Progressive experience in financial reporting and analysis.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office, Internet and databases.
- Coaching & mentoring skills for building project the capacity of women’s rights organizations on quality financial management and compliance.
- Superior skills in building productive working relationships with team colleagues, field offices, donors and partners.
- Understanding of project management cycle.
- Flexible approach to deal with ambiguity.
- Understanding of feminist principles, gender equality, and women’s empowerment.
- Ability to establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment, track project performance, meet deadlines, and ensure high-quality deliverables.
- Minimum of 5years’ experience in finance, accounting, grants analysis
- Progressive experience in financial reporting and analysis, risk assessment and mitigation.
- Proven experience in developing financial and program management tools and processes, including financial reporting budget guidance, work plans and monitoring templates.
- Solid understanding of compliance requirements of donor government agencies such as Global Affairs Canada; multilateral agencies (UNICEF, AfDB, etc.) and/or charitable organizations / Foundations preferred.
- Experience leading or participating in financial audits.
- Hands on experience reviewing complex contracts and agreements.
- Passion for feminist principles, mission driven work and personal values aligned with Plan International.
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour.
- Sound judgment and decision-making in complex situations.
- Commitment to working transparently and with integrity.
- A process-oriented working style, with the ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership qualities.
View: Career Opening At Kasapreko Company Limited
How To Send An Application For Finance and Grants Compliance Specialist
Closing Date: 31st January, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED