There is a job vacancy for the position of Engineer (Network Monitoring Centre(NMC) At MTN Ghana.
Job Summary For Engineer (Network Monitoring Centre(NMC) At MTN Ghana
Ensure that the Managed Service Provider’s NMC duties are performed per Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators (SLA/KPI’s) in line with MTN Ghana business objectives.
This role will also be responsible for monitoring and coordinating all network related changes by ensuring implementation is in accordance with change control procedures, with minimum customer impact, towards achieving the desired results of the changes.
- Technology and Platform business
- Multiregulation and multifaceted stakeholder management
- Public Listed Organization
- Environmental, social and governance prioritized
- Partnerships at the core of business practices
- Managed Services organisation and regional Structure implication
- MTN Group approved Telecommunication/ICT Network Standards and Practices
- Global technology trends and advancements
- Diverse Cultural environment
- Agile way of work
- To ensure that the Vendor provides and documents Root Cause Analysis (RCA) report on time and shared with relevant stakeholders and follows up on recommendations in the report.
- To confirm data integrity and ensure all reports by the Managed service partner is accurate to inform decision making
- Monitor and ensure planned work are logged with all relevant data and planned tests are conducted after every work order per standards.
- Correlate network changes and impact on user departments
- Engage with internal/external team on upcoming planned activities
- Issue agenda and minutes for Change Control Board meetings.
- Ensure approval for implementation is communicated to requester and monitor for compliance with change management policy.
- Escalation of problems associated with Request for Change (RFC) to line manager and identified stakeholders
- Maintain Change management policy
- Consult with Internal Audit and forensic division for regular internal and external Audits
- Escalate serious and long outstanding faults to the Manager, Network Change Control board & NMC
- To generate/develop periodic and adhoc reports per timelines agreed on with Line Manager
Qualification Required & Experience
- Minimum of a University degree B.Sc. Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications or Computer Science
- An ITIL certification will be an added advantage
- Project Management certification / Scrum certification will be a plus.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ hands on experience in Transmission, switching in an IP Service Management Centre environment
- Must demonstrate considerable experience in managing 3rd Parties within a Manage service environment
- In depth knowledge of Telecommunications Technology Fundamentals
- Adequate knowledge in Network System technologies (GSM, WCDM etc).
- Adequate knowledge in Windows, Unix & Linux Operating Systems
- Adequate Knowledge in MS Office suite
- Adequate knowledge in Management & Reporting tools (Service Now, MAPS, OSS, M2000)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to query, collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of data / information with attention to detail and accuracy will be an added advantage.
- Adequate knowledge in Network management systems associated to different architectures
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people
- Ability to manage own time and workload and juggle conflicting priorities
- Demonstrate evidence of influencing and negotiating skills
- Professional approach with a can do attitude
- Courage Skills- Manages self and supervise managed services providers performance, good conflict management, takes and manages accountability
- Energy & Drive – Innovative, takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
- Interpersonal Skills – Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports
- Personal Skills -Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
- Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, manages and monitors work effectively
- Organisational Positioning Skills – Good written and verbal communication, commitment to the organization
- Global thinker, Analytical thinking, and Problem-solving abilities.
Must live the MTN Values of
- Can Do; Integrity; leadership; Innovation; Relationships
- Ghana Food Movement Invites Job Applications
- SHS Job Opportunities At United Nations
- 23,000 people test positive for HIV in 6 months – Ghana AIDS Commission
How To Apply For Engineer (Network Monitoring Centre(NMC) At MTN Ghana
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com
- Qualified applicants should indicate vacancy number Ref no: MTN-NWG-ADTRACKENG3 as the email subject
- Ensure that CVs are saved in their names.
- Applications without the subject and CVs saved in their names will automatically be disqualified.
Closing Date: 28th August, 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED