GIZ Ghana has a fresh employment option. This reputable Outlet is seeking to hire a Communication Specialist for a two-year (subject to renewal) contract.
- Review, drafting, and implementation of an overarching communications strategy for the NIED cluster.
- Provide advisory communications support to the respective programmes in the Cluster for both internal and external communications outputs.
- Identify communications opportunities on cluster level and implementation of related activities.
- Coordinate processes to produce publications and materials in accordance with GIZ standards (corporate design, standards for
content) and Processes and Rules
- Manage a network of communicators of the cluster and organise periodic communications storytelling workshops, impact
communications skills café, etc., tailored to the needs of the network.
- Coordinate and plan high-level events at the Cluster level and support event planning for the respective programmes of the Cluster
- Cooperation with related departments in the German Embassy, GIZ Ghana Country Office, partner institutions, and related
departments in GIZ HQ in Germany.
- Create opportunities for media visibility and publicity for the Cluster.
- Draft concepts for internal and external communications and for communication tools to accommodate strategic goals.
- Develop and produce suitable communications material for PR (e.g. brochures, fact sheets, advertising material, PowerPoint
presentations, newsletters, information sheets) for different occasions and relevant target groups.
- Translate technical documents to news articles, success, and change stories.
- Monitor media reports on GIZ in national media and in GIZ media channels.
- Establish and design communication tools for respective programmes/ project teams.
- Ensure consistency in use of corporate design for publications and productions.
- University master’s degree in communication, public relations, journalism, or related field.
- Ten years (and above) of professional experience in the field of development communications.
- Ability to demonstrate and articulate knowledge on thought leadership, present strategic concepts, and present results data.
- Strong knowledge in impact communications, storytelling, and results communications.
- Work experience in the field of international development cooperation and aid, versed in journalistic copy.
- Excellent writing, editing, and copyediting skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and organising skills.
- Proven track record of developing high quality communication products; analogue and digital.
- Advanced and innovative design and illustration abilities; ability to conceptualize and think creatively; ability to develop graphic
designs for illustrating programme information for the communication of results.
- Excellent network of media contacts in Ghana (and abroad) and knowledge of monitoring tools for press reviews.
- Graphic design and photo editing skills in the field of layout software.
- Fluent in English, proven both in speaking and writing.
Recommended: Full Time Employment Vacancies At GBFoods
How to Apply For Employment At GIZ Ghana
Forward your detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Job Code 2023/NIED/18/12 in the subject line.
Closing Date: 1st January, 2024
If you do not hear from GIZ two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED