There is a new Job opening at The Savannah Fruits Company (SFC). The company is looking for a General Finance Manager. SFC is currently experiencing distribution expansion and sales growth and has been establishing new offices outside of Ghana – Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, and Netherlands. The General Finance Manager will be responsible for working with these branch offices, the Country Finance Manager, the HR & Administration Manager, the Ghana Finance Department team, to supervise and improve all elements of the financial management, accounting, closing, and reconciliation processes. The GFM will report to the Managing Director and the Internal Auditor & Compliance Supervisor. This position will report directly to the Managing Director (Raphael Gonzalez) and will be based in Accra, Ghana, but with frequent travel to other office locations, in and outside of Ghana.
The Role Will Focus On Five Areas:
Analysis: Implementing and improving ROI analysis of key operational spend areas such as trade spend, sales promotions, media investment, and other marketing investment; as well as analysis of new projects such as capital investments, IT systems, new business opportunities, and other investment decisions such as potential M&A.
- Reporting: Providing timely reporting to the key decision makers, including sales and profitability by channel, customer, and product line. The GFM will also be involved in the preparation of a monthly reporting package with clear analysis of performance vs. budget and prior year. Ensuring that all accounts are reconciled before reporting. The GFM will ensure that all returns are filed timely to local authorities in each country to avoid any penalties
- Planning: Improve the budgeting and forecasting process and help instill this discipline in the organization. Also be involved in the three to five years strategic planning process. As a growing company SFC needs a proper tight management of cash flow in coordination of all SFC offices, with particular focus on Production and Commercial Departments.
- Accounting: One important area of focus will be inventory and cost accounting. This is a critical position in the Finance organization in this dynamic and fast-growing company. It is important that the General Finance manager has a business partner mind-set and can work cross-functionally in the organization.
- Funding: Another important area is securing funds and grants for various projects improving the economic, social and ecological environment of the communities SFC works with.
- Compile all information needed to build a regular and concise reporting framework that highlights key financial and operational performance metrics, including sales and profitability by customer and channel, trade spend performance, and other KPIs.
- Work with the Finance Department team and the Internal Auditor to prepare a monthly financial reporting package with clear analysis of performance against budget and prior year.
- Prepare and submit all quarterly reports for GFZA.
- Be involved in the annual budgeting process – work with all functional leaders and the top management to complete a realistic and achievable budget, for approval by the board of directors.
- Develop and implement a regular financial forecast process to update the financial outlook throughout the year.
- Manage closely cash flow to ensure availability of production funds.
- Support the Managing Director and executive team on key financial decisions.
- Support monthly financial processes, reporting and analysis to ensure transactions are properly recorded on the financial statements.
- Implement, document, and maintain accounting policies and procedures.
- Drive optimization of cost improvements by providing ad-hoc analysis/support.
- Develop metrics to use in performing root cause analysis of variances from standard costs.
- Provide financial oversight of physical inventory reconciliations and cycle counts.
- Partner with Production and Supply chain to develop accurate costs for each product.
- Control and monitor costs at every level to enhance company’s performance
- Implementing and improving analysis of standard costs including labor and overhead absorption.
- Supervise the safeguard the company’s assets and establish and maintain corporate accounting policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure conformance with International GAAP and other laws/regulations of Ghana.
- Ensure accounting systems and processes are continually streamlined via process improvement to achieve greater efficiencies and accuracy in the level and timeliness of reporting (continuous improvement).
- Work with other members of finance team and the executive team to prepare board and investor materials.
- Support external auditor requests.
- Secure donor funding and grants with follow up of related reporting.
Desired Skills & Experience
The qualified candidate will not only possess a proven track record in finance and accounting but will also demonstrate a sincere passion for working within a high-performance, mission-driven organization. We seek a candidate with a passion for personal and company growth and the following skills and experiences:
- 8+ years total financial management and accounting experience.
- CMA/CPA required.
- Industry experience in a goods manufacturing is preferred.
- Proven ability to operate ‘sleeves up’ in a fast-paced, high-growth company.
- Strong people leadership skills, with the ability to work with a team.
- Collaborative business partner, adept in building cross-functional relationships to drive business results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Personal resilience and a desire to win in the marketplace.
- Ability to travel frequently to Tamale and other field production sites in Ghana and West Africa.
Job Application Guide At The Savannah Fruits Company
Applications and resume should be sent to: email@example.com
Check for more jobs here
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED