The company, Cocoa Abrabopa Association has a new vacant slot to fill. They need to recruit a new person to occupy the position of Child Development Officer.
- Conduct household surveys and community profile surveys with selected households in the assigned operational areas;
- Conduct traceability checks at the community level.
- Undertake distribution of shade trees to farmers
- Undertake living income plan beneficiaries monitoring
- Undertake gender and, grievance, assess and address awareness raising
- Conduct farm monitoring for shade trees survival
- Carry out unannounced farm visit to identify possible cases of child labour;
- Follow-up questionnaires including needs assessments in case child labour is identified;
- Identify and deploy remediation activities to the benefit of the children and their families;
- Monitor all remediation activities and households classified as high-risk of child labour;
- Organize and implement awareness raising among members, households, communities and collaborating partners;
- Report through a mobile app;
- Prepare work plans and schedules to ensure that all households are visited for all activities as per the agreed times in the period;
- Work closely with the Technical Coordinators and Regional Managers employed by CAA;
- The CDOs ensure that the tools, equipment and safety wear is used appropriately according to manufacturer specifications and maintains the protocols for repairs and maintenance
- Perform any other duties or assignments as may be directed by your supervisor.
Suggested Post: Exciting Role At Abe Import Export Company
Qualification Required & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree/ Diploma in Agriculture ( only people with Crop, Agronomy, Agro-forestry and Extension background), Development Studies, from a recognized institution accredited by national accreditation board
- A minimum of three (3) year plus experience in a similar role.
- Should have working experience with farmers on the field, should have at least one year experiences in field data collection in the cocoa sector
Required Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Multitasking and work constructively to meet targets and deadlines
- Confident individual with a proactive attitude and keep calm under pressure
- Detailed-oriented professional who uses analytical skills and follows all procedures to identify child labour and the follow-up support activities to be carried out
- Must have strong background in computer skills
- Ability to independently create digital reports
- Ability to manage assigned duties in an assertive, efficient and timely manner.
- Must be able to live in a rural community in any of the assigned cocoa districts deprived of basic social amenities.
- You must have the ability to ride a motorbike in rough terrain with a valid license.
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of data gathered for the purposes assigned for
- Ability to speak Twi fluently
- Ability to provide basic cocoa extension service
- Emotional maturity, unprejudiced and sensitivity to farmers
- Meticulously maintains complete, honest and accurate records pertaining household surveys and community profile surveys.
- Primecare Medical Center Career Update
- Africa Centre for Energy Policy Internship Opening
- University Of Melbourne Scholarships 2023/2024
How To Send Your Job Request For The Vacant Slot At Cocoa Abrabopa Association
Application should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 24 February, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED