The Ghana News Agency (GNA) is inviting applications from suitably qualified, result-driven, competent, and dynamic professionals to fill the position of Chief Reporter.
Apply: New Job Vacancy At Ghandour Cosmetics Limited
Job Description: Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works to oral and written instructions and to established procedures.
- Covers and reports general news events; conducts interviews and investigations for the writing of special reports in the national interest.
- Pitches ideas to editors for follow-up stories.
- Research background of stories for comprehensive and accurate news features and special reports.
- Arranges interviews with sources for well-researched and investigative stories, news features and documentaries.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with individuals who are credible sources of information in the interest of the nation.
- Reports on assigned beats, such as Law and Order, Peace and Security, Science and Environment, Agriculture and Parliament on daily basis.
- Generates and develops video, online and social media content.
- Does live reports from the scene and undertakes special field and investigative assignments.
- Rewrites stories of reporters to meet house style and to fit time and space requirements.
- Investigates and reports breaking news, such as disasters, crimes, or human-interest stories.
- Performs any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Suggested: 2023 Visa Sponsorship Jobs In Japan
Qualification Required & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or Communications with five (5) years working experience as a Journalist.
- Must be a member of a professional association, such as the Ghana Journalists Association.
- Demonstrate ability to generate and develop story ideas.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and understand at least one Ghanaian Language.
- Good understanding of current affairs and capacity to analyze political, economic, and social issues.
- Demonstrate ability to edit scripts and news stories.
- Must have presence on social media.
- Strong experience in and understanding of new media, as well as traditional and digital media in Africa.
- Should be able to undertake standup interviews.
- Experience in audio and/or video production.
- Strong knowledge and commitment to upholding ethical and professional standards.
- Passion for generating and writing interesting and relevant stories.
- Critical thinker, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great interpersonal skills and team player
- Ability to work under pressure and good time management skills.
Other Suggested Posts:
- Google Visa Sponsorship Jobs 2023
- APPLY || Public Sector recruitment across all 16 regions of Ghana
- CHECK THIS : Latest Job Vacancies At Bolt
How To Submit An Application For Chief Reporter at Ghana News Agency
Interested and qualified applicants should send their application cover letter stating the position with a comprehensive curriculum vitae including supporting documents (Educational Certificates, National Service Certificate etc) to the
Director of Administration
Ghana News Agency
P.O Box 2118
Prospective Applicants applying for (Editor, Chief Reporter, Accountant, Stores Officer, Marketing Officer, and Administrative Officer) positions must as part of the application submit a Statement of Purpose (Number of words 500 words, font style – Times New Roman, font size –12 and lining spacing should be 1.5), indicating their strength, achievements, attitude and why they should be considered for the role.
Send application to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the applied Position as the SUBJECT and attach relevant documents (Educational Certificates, National Service Certificate etc).
Closing Date: 24th March, 2023
Applicants should note that only shortlisted persons will be invited to interview for selection.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED