There is a new job vacancy for the position of Accountant at Ghana News Agency. The GNA is inviting applications from suitably qualified, result-driven, competent, and dynamic professionals to fill position mentioned above.
See Also: Employment Opportunity At Glovo
Job Description: Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares Statement of Accounts to Adverts Clients
- Receives, keeps custody, and effects payment from the consolidated and other public funds.
- Initiates the preparation of monthly and annual financial reports.
- Implements approved accounting/financial policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs), guidelines and work plan to achieve targeted objectives of the Agency.
- Identifies control risk measures in financial transactions/procedures and propose improvements to Assistant Manager for implementation.
- Vets payment vouchers, invoices, etc. and process through the General Ledger for approval and payment.
- Reconciles balance sheet items and/or General Ledger for review by Manager.
- Responsible for the maintenance and update of data/records in approved Accounting Software for all payment vouchers and journals.
- Maintains and updates records of all accounting transactions with all accounts.
- Prepares variance analysis of revenue and expenditure against budget and report on any deviations for corrective action.
- Maintains and updates effective Fixed Assets Register for the institution.
- Collates budget inputs from all Departments for the preparation of the institution’s annual budget.
- Process for payment employees’ benefits entitlements in line with approved conditions of service.
- Responsible for processing monthly payroll for all Staff for approval and payments.
- Reviews monthly payroll reports to identify any inconsistencies for redress.
- Leads in the preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Liaise with approved Banks and Third Parties to ensure prompt resolution of issues relating to financial transactions.
- Prepares SSNIT, VAT and PAYE returns for payment to Statutory Institutions.
- Participates and provides input in annual audit activities.
- Provides support in the preparation of monthly/quarterly financial reports (i.e., Income Statements, Balance Sheet, etc.) and prepare any other report relating to job function.
- Performs any other duty(s) assigned by Supervisor.
Check Also: Amazing SHS Job Vacancy At WAEC
Qualification Required & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field with six (6) years working experience.
- Good knowledge and understanding in the use of accounting and auditing methodologies and tools.
- Good knowledge/understanding of tax laws and related regulations.
- Good working knowledge and experience in preparing cash forecasts and cash flow analysis.
- Ability to create solutions to new financial challenges.
- Good financial knowledge, including investment planning, asset allocation.
- Good knowledge/understanding of investment portfolio management.
- Ability to maintain professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders and work with all categories of employees.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good planning and organizing skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and execute projects.
- Good decision making based on thorough analysis.
- Good knowledge of accounting software/tools, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and internet.
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills in a “team” setting
Recommended: Job Alerts At Twifu Rural Bank
How To Submit An Application For Accountant at Ghana News Agency
Interested and qualified applicants should send their application cover letter stating the position with a comprehensive curriculum vitae including supporting documents (Educational Certificates, National Service Certificate etc) to the
Director of Administration
Ghana News Agency
P.O Box 2118
Prospective Applicants applying for (Editor, Chief Reporter, Accountant, Stores Officer, Marketing Officer, and Administrative Officer) positions must as part of the application submit a Statement of Purpose (Number of words 500 words, font style – Times New Roman, font size –12 and lining spacing should be 1.5), indicating their strength, achievements, attitude and why they should be considered for the role.
Send application to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the applied Position as the SUBJECT and attach relevant documents (Educational Certificates, National Service Certificate etc).
Closing Date: 24th March, 2023
Applicants should note that only shortlisted persons will be invited to interview for selection.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED