Get to know the various strategies on how to avoid paying the E Levy tax Charges put into effect in Ghana in 2023. This article will give you the necessary tips on how to avoid or prevent the payment of the newly introduced Electronic Levy (E Levy) Tax.
Why People Want to Know Way To Avoid Paying E-Levy Charges
Moments after the Electronic Levy, often known as the E-levy, was passed by the Parliament of Ghana on 29th March, 2022, most Ghanaians have been alarmed and this has shaken how people respond to electronic transactions in the country. As much as it is believed that people will soon get familiar with this new change, for now, most people are looking for ways to reduce the cost of transactions made although the E Levy is not yet active. Some people have argued that due to the rise in the cost of living, it is normal to save the little pesewas for good. Check the WhatsApp Hacks and Scams you Should Beware of!
About the E Levy
The Parliament of Ghana passed the Electronic Levy, often known as the E-levy, on March 29th, 2022. With this, Electronic transactions such as mobile money transfers, bank to bank transfers, bank to mobile money transfers, and online payment transactions with payment platforms such as Visa Card, Master Card, and PayPal, among others, are subject to a 1.5 percent tax reduction.
- What happens when you report and block someone on WhatsApp?
- How KNUST’s University Hall Came By The Name KATANGA
- Why I Call Myself Rockstar; Kuami Eugene Explains In New Interview
Simple Guidelines To Follow To Escape The Payment Of E Levy Charges
Here are a few tips or Strategies on how to Avoid Having to Pay or avoid paying the E Levy charges or tax in Ghana as soon as it is set to motion;
1. Send a maximum of GHC 100 daily
- Since E Levy Charges will not apply to mobile money transfers of less than GHC 100 made by one person per day, it is advisable for people who don’t want to be deducted to send a maximum of GHC 100 to your receiver every day until the entire amount you intend to send is depleted. Example, if you wish to pay GHS 300 to your Son every month, start by sending GHS 100 every day until he receives the GHC 300 in full.
2. Use Cash Transactions
- Instead of using Mobile Money Transfers, use cash in your transactions more often.
3. Cheque Payments
- Payments can be Made By Cheque as well for people who want to avoid the e-levy Charges.
E-levy Fees Covered and Not Covered Transactions
E Levy Charges on Mobile Money 2023
Kindly Note: The purpose of this post is not to encourage people from dodging the payment of the E Levy tax but serves as a guide and option to people who would like to use this in times of need, etc.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED