Are you vibrant, brilliant and ready to step out of your comfort zone? Yes?
The Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) program is here for you. The program is a year-long high school exchange to the USA. Students are funded on a scholarship to live with American Families, attend an American High School, whilst sharing their culture as Cultural Ambassadors.
The U.S. Department of State funds this amazing initiative, which is run by AS Intercultural Exchange Programs, Ghana in association with the American Embassy in Accra.
Applicants must have the following requirements:
- Students born between 15th February 2007 and 15th August
2009 are eligible (those between 15 August 2006 and 15 August 2009
for persons with disabilities can also apply).
- Preference will be given to students who are currently enrolled in SHS 1
- Applicants should be attending schools within the regions; Volta, Oti, Western, Western North, Central and Greater Accra.
- Candidates should be Citizen of Ghana or permanent resident.
- Students must demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- You must be of good conduct.
- Females, Muslims, and persons with disabilities and residents from underrepresented and marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Benefits Of The Kennedy-Lugar Study Program
- US Visa
- Round-trip travel from your home city to United States.
- Domestic travels:
- From and to your hometown, for visa interview at the US Consulate & Embassy.
- From and to your hometown, for Orientation and Reorientation.
- From and to your host town in the US.
- Placement in a host family and US high school.
- Orientations in home country and in the US (Pre-Departure Orientation, Arrival, Mid-Year, End of Stay, and Reorientation).
- Program enrichment activities.
- Health and accident insurance coverage, except for pre-existing conditions, eyes, and dental care.
- Monthly spending allowance.
Recommended Post: UBA Group Graduate Programme 2023
How To Submit An Application
Interested students are expected to take an aptitude test on Saturday, May 27th 2023 at 10:00 a.m. prompt.
NB: Candidates for the Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange Program should ensure to come along with a valid ID to their respective centres for identification and verification of eligibility.
Below is a list of the test Centres should and regional contact persons:
- Central Region (Memorial Senior High School): Benjamin Forson – 024 458 8315
- WESTERN REGION (Archbishop Porter Girls): Janet Keku – 027 707 4885
- VOLTA REGION (Ola Girls Senior High School): Foster Deh – 054 674 7664
- OTI REGION (Kadjebi-Asato Senior High School): Maxwell Mensah – 054 211 5728
- WESTERN-NORTH REGION (Sefwi Wiawso Senior High Technical School): Jacob Oware – 055 316 9480
- GREATER ACCRA REGION (PRESEC – Legon & Tema Senior High School): Omar Tabbica – 026 767 8989 & Mr. Darko – 055 144 1587
- Program Start Date: August 2024
- Program End Date: June 2025
For more details, Tap Here
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED