Everydaynewsgh is here once again with the Commonwealth Split-Site Scholarships 2024-2025 in the United Kingdom (UK). The scholarships are available for candidates from low and middle income countries, as classified by the OECD Development Assistance Committee (DAC), who are part of the Commonwealth. The purpose of these scholarships is to support usch students’ research at a university in the UK for a period of 12 months.
- You must be a citizen of or you have been granted refugee by an eligible commonwealth country
- The following countries are for this award: Bangladesh, Belize, Botswana, Cameroon, Dominica, Eswatini, Fiji, Gabon, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Montserrat, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, The Gambia, Togo, Tonga, Tuvalu
Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia
- You must be an a permanent residents of a commonwealth country
- To be eligible for the scholarship starting in September 2024, you must be registered for a PhD program at a university in a Commonwealth country.
- Candidates must be unable to afford studies in UK
- You need a first degree with an upper second-class (2:1) honours before September 2024. You can also have a lower second-class degree and an appropriate postgraduate degree, like a Master’s.
Applicants must present the following documents:
- Proof of citizenship or proof that you are a refugee of a commonwealth nation
- Full transcripts of all higher qualifications including to-date transcripts for any courses currently being studied, with certified translations if not in English.
- A minimum of two references in PDF format. These references should be signed and on official letterhead from the institution, or you can also provide an email that clearly shows the sender’s details.
- A supporting statement, in PDF format, signed and on institutional letterhead or an email clearly showing the sender’s details, from the current supervisor at the home university.
- Full tuition fees
- Airfare (to and from UK)
- Stipends (£1,347 or £1,652 per month)
- Warm clothing allowance
- Study travel grants
- As a single parent in the UK, you may be eligible for a child allowance. For your first child, you could receive £576.61 per month. If you have a second or third child under the age of 16 living with you at the same address, you could receive £143 per month for each of them.
How To Apply For The Commonwealth Scholarship For 2024
Closing Date: 5th December, 2023, 16:00 GMT
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED