Applications are now open for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships for the 2023/2024 Academic Year. Applying to study one of these courses at a participating UK university is required for you to get this scholarship.
About the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission offers three different Master’s programmes, one of which is the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship.
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are offered by the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) and provide financially disadvantaged students with the opportunity to study in the UK and receive the knowledge and skills necessary for sustainable development.
To apply for these scholarships, candidates must:
- First be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be available to start their academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2023
- By September 2023, hold a first degree of at least upper second-class (2:1) honours standard, or a lower second-class degree (2:2) and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)
- Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high-income country
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK university without this Scholarship
- Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format
Your application must include the following supporting documentation by the closing date to be eligible for consideration:
- Proof that you are a citizen or have refugee status of an eligible Commonwealth country: a copy of your valid passport (or national ID card) showing your photograph, date of birth, and country of citizenship uploaded to the online application system
- Full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications including to-date transcripts for any qualifications you are currently studying (with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system
- The CSC will not accept supporting documentation submitted outside the online application system.
- You must also provide the names and contact details of three referees who will be contacted in advance of the placement stage, should your application be under consideration for a scholarship.
How To Submit an Application for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2023/2024
To apply for a Commonwealth Shared Scholarship, prospective students must use the CSC’s Online application System.
To be eligible for a Commonwealth Shared Scholarship, applicants must first apply to and be accepted into a Master’s program at a UK university that is part of the CSC’s online application system.
Students can submit applications to many universities and programs, but they can only receive one Commonwealth Shared Scholarship. Also note that Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are available for Master’s programmes and not for undergraduate or PhD education.
The closing date for applications is December 13, 2022 at 16:00 GMT.
Outside the online application system, the CSC will not accept supporting documentation submitted.
The online application system will be quite busy in the days leading up to the application deadline, so it is recommended that you finish and submit your application as soon as possible.
Candidates are not required to pay a fee to use CSC’s online application system to apply for a scholarship or fellowship, and nominating organizations are not charged for doing the same.
You may be interested in:
- Weidenfeld Hoffmann Scholarships 2023 | Study in UK
- Anders Wall’s Scholarship for Studies at Uppsala University
- Ghana Scholarship Secretariat: Offer of Scholarships by the Government of Hungary
- UNICEF Free Online Courses 2022/2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED