A Legal Officer is needed for employment at Judicial Service of Ghana.
Duties / Responsibilities:
He/she will assist in:
- Preparing and filing writs, pleadings, submissions, statements of cases, witness statements, and other court and legal documents, both for and against the institution.
- Representing the institution in court and other places, like the labour commission, when necessary.
- Giving advice on cases that should be sent to the institution’s outside lawyers so that they can do their jobs for the institution.
- Giving advice on how to follow the law.
- Doing research and writing legal opinions on civil matters that affect the institution;
- Drafting and/or reviewing letters, contracts, and agreements for and on behalf of the institution, and keeping track of legal obligations in contracts to make sure they are met;
- Helping the institution come up with, implement, and/or change its policies.
- Giving the institution good legal advice and making suggestions to management as needed.
- Doing research and giving advice on internal issues.
- Keeping track of all court cases involving the institution by keeping a database
- Providing corporate secretarial services
- Sending reports to the line manager when asked;
- Doing other tasks given
Qualifications and Experience:
- LLB/BA and BL; must be on the roll of lawyers and a member in good standing of the Ghana Bar Association;
- Must have a high moral character and a history of being honest;
- A Master’s degree would be a plus;
- Should be very good at using ICT tools and have experience working as a secretary for a company
How To Forward Your Application To Judicial Service of Ghana For This Position: Legal Officer
Applicants who meet the requirements should send their CVs, relevant certificates, and the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three references to:
The Judicial Secretary
Judicial Service of Ghana
Supreme Court Administration Block
P.O.Box 119, Accra
Deadline: February 6, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED