The New Patriotic Party (NPP) has chosen Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia as its presidential candidate for the upcoming 2024 elections.
The day was filled with intense emotions for the candidates and their agents as they all hoped to emerge victorious. In an interesting turn of events, Dr. Bawumia had the highest percentage of votes.
Below is the total breakdown of the results for all 4 candidates:
- Dr. Bawumia won with 61.47% of the total votes cast in the NPP primaries.
- Kennedy Agyapong was the runner-up with 35.52% of the votes.
- Dr. Owusu Afriyie Akoto also received 0.81%.
- Francis Addai Nimoh got 0.43% out of the total votes cast.
Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia will now represent the NPP in the 2024 presidential race, where he will face former President Mahama. The aim of the NPP is to secure another victory in the upcoming 2024 elections. This is evident in some of their slogans such as “breaking the eight.”
The political party held a gathering with all the candidates where they announced the results of the elections. During this gathering, Dr Bawumia was declared the winner and therefore the flagbearer elect of the NPP.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED