It has been declared by the Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA) that the Electronic Transaction Levy (E Levy) Implementation will go into effect and start on May 1st 2022.
The GRA noted in a notice published in the newspapers that Parliament’s adoption of the E-Levy Bill influenced its decision.
To this, electronic transfers will be subject to a 1.50 percent E Levy.
E Levy Implementation to start from 1st May 2022
About E Levy
The Parliament of Ghana passed the Electronic Levy, often known as the E-levy, on March 29th, 2022. With this, Electronic transactions such as mobile money transfers, bank to bank transfers, bank to mobile money transfers, and online payment transactions with payment platforms such as Visa Card, Master Card, and PayPal, among others, are subject to a 1.5 percent tax reduction.
The E-Levy applies to the following five main transactions, with others being exempted as indicated below.
List of Transactions the E-Levy Charges will Cover 2022
- Transfers of mobile money between accounts with the same electronic money issuer (EMI)
- Mobile money transfers from one EMI account to a recipient on a different EMI
- Transfers between bank and mobile money accounts
- Transfers between mobile money and bank accounts
- Bank transfers from one person’s bank account to another person’s bank account using a digital platform or application.
List of Transactions the E-levy Charges will not cover 2022
- Transfers of GHC100 done by the same person on a daily basis.
- Transfers from one person’s account to another
- Transfers to the Ghana.gov portal for the payment of taxes, fees, and charges
Cheques are cleared electronically.
- Payments to specific merchants (that is, payments to commercial establishments registered with the GRA for income tax and VAT purposes)
- Transfers between the accounts of the principal, master agent, and agent
E Levy Charges on Mobile Money 2022
Ideas on How To Avoid the E Levy Charges 2022
- Some deferred KNUST students throng students loan office to access funds
- KNUST Ranked Best in Africa and 14th Best in the World for Quality Education
- If you’re in this country and haven’t heard ‘Echoke’ then you are living under a rock – Sefa
- How To Verify, Track and Print Ghana Passport Application Online 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED