The portal for the Youth in Food Program is open for the year 2023, a 6-month long mentorship program designed to provide you the tools, knowledge, and contacts to find and keep a job in the food industry.
Ghana Food Movement launched its Youth in Food Program (formerly known as Youth in Agribusiness) in September 2021. In January of 2023, they started onboarding their second cohort, and they are presently accepting applications for their third.
Details of the Youth in Food Program
An established Agrospace NGO is providing you with a once-in-a-lifetime chance to advance your career in the Agro-food industry.
Do you fall in between the ages of twenty and thirty? If you have a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate degree and an interest in working in the agriculture industry, then you should apply to be trained and considered for career opportunities with companies in the agricultural sector.
Who Qualifies for this Program?
- People looking for long term job Ghana’s food and agric sector (unemployed or employed is both ok)
- You are completely free on September 1st-8th and 16th, 2023, to participate in the in-person skill training. The program will be hosted in Accra, Ghana.
- You have graduated and earned a university degree. All fields are welcome: From communications to engineering.
- You want to begin your career in the food industry.
- You are fully motivated, passionate and forward-thinking.
- You are between the ages of 20 – 30 years.
How Does The Program Benefit You?
- Skills Development: Over the course of 6 months, our professional trainers will equip you with in-demand soft and hard skills to help you perform better in future jobs. These trainings will be hosted both on- and offline. Topics include skills in; planning, cv writing, effective communication, presentation skills, emotional intelligence, work ethics, organization tools, Microsoft Office package and more!
- Career Coaching: You will get connected to a mentor that will give you the personalised support you will need to succeed in the food and agric job market. This person will support you in your job search. From finding vacancies and networking to interview preparation and contract negotiation.
- Company Visits: We visit inspiring companies in the food sector and hear from their CEO and different departments. We do this to inspire and show you great examples from the sector. This a great network opportunity!
- Alumni Network: After the program, you are invited to our growing alumni network. You will keep engaging and expanding your network with other young professionals in the food sector. This network can help you advance in your food career!
How to apply third Cohort of the Youth in Food Program
To apply for the third cohort of the Youth in Food Program 2023, you will need to provide the following:
- A video clip (max. 1 min) or an application letter (explaining why you should be selected, what you want to learn and what you will contribute to the cohort).
- Your Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Kindly click on the link below to apply on the Youth in Food Program portal:
Application is currently open and ends on 30th June, 2023.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED