The services of a Welder is needed at Newmont Ghana.
About This Role:
- To provide safe, environmentally compliant and cost-effective maintenance welding, line boring, machining and fabrication services, to contribute to optimum equipment availability and achievement of production objectives.
Available: Exciting Job Opportunity At DVLA
In This Role You Will:
Fabrication, Line Boring and Maintenance Welding
- Work from engineering drawings, sketches, other specifications as well as verbal instructions.
- Select appropriate welding equipment such as gas torches, portable electric arcs and semi-automatic and automatic machines and select appropriate electrode for material.
- Set up and adjust equipment and controls to regulate gas pressure, voltage or amperage.
- Work within strict quality standards and tolerance measures to support the function in terms of quality assurance.
- Repair and overhaul heavy mobile mining equipment both in field and workshop based using a portable line boring machine.
- Undertake welding repairs to facilitate line boring activities.
- Use measuring gear to precisely measure pins and bores.
- Set up and operate line boring equipment and radial drill press.
- Make and sharpen cutting tools.
- Conduct Non Destructive Testing (NDT) of haul truck beds, shovel buckets, track frames for internal cracks and prepare report for reliability engineer.
- Use drill press machine to drill and tap handling holes on die-sets and other hole forming operations.
- Supervise and train new employee’s on how to run weld machinery, line boring equipment and also drill and press machinery.
- Use workshop press to perform pressing activities safely (bushing installation and removal, straightening bent metal plates, etc.).
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Use SAP to raise and close work orders, entering time confirmations.
Check: New Job Opening At Wilmar
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Completion of trade certification, apprenticeship or another recognized welder training program.
- Knowledge of maintenance principles and industry standards.
- Knowledge of the work management process.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Advance knowledge of welding techniques and standards and related safety standards.
- Operate forklift/telehandler to load and transport tooling and other equipment’s for job set up.
- Holder of valid Ghanaian driver’s license CE.
Suggested Post: Exciting Job Offers At Voltic Ghana
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in maintenance welding, machining and fabrication, repairing and maintaining industrial or mining equipment and auxiliaries.
How To Submit An Application To Newmont Ghana For The Welder Role
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED