Tree Crops Development Authority (TCDA), is a legal and institutional outcome of the Planting for Export and Rural Development, that seeks to recruit suitably qualified, dynamic and accomplished Ghanaian professionals for the following position: Value Chain Specialists
(Mango, Rubber, Shea, Oil Palm, Coconut and Cashew)
- LOCATION: Head Office
- RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Operations
- RESPONSIBLE FOR: Zonal Officers and Value Chain Officers
Serves as the technical coordinator for all TCDA activities and programmes in the specified value chain
Duties and responsibilities
- Facilitate the registration of all value chain actors and formalize their operations in accordance with ACT 1010
- Provide technical support for the formation of CBOs, FBOs and associations or producer groups in different enterprises along the value chain
- Coordinate the establishment of the national umbrella bodies for all the six(6) mandated commodities under the TCDA
- Conduct value chain assessments and determine appropriate interventions to enhance agricultural productivity and market access
- Coordinate and collaborate with relevant projects and partners including private businesses and individuals, Development Partners, CBOs and NGOs working on related actions to leverage project resources, avoid duplication of efforts and ensure complementarities.
- Provide up to date information on all activities along the specified commodity value chain
- Facilitate the transparent processes of representation of the specified value chain into the TCDA Board
- Provide technical guidance and capacity building trainings for the specific Value Chain actors
- Prepare detail annual work plans and progress reports on assigned value chain component.
- Coordinate the development of commodity grades and standards and implementation of the commodity protocols thereof
- Coordinate the production and distribution of certified planting materials
- Lead the development of concept note and project proposals most especially on crop diversification, farmer livelihood supports, value chain development and marketing initiatives.
- Conduct value chain assessment to identify gaps and develop recommendations on how to improve the selected value chains and maximize the impact.
- Manage assigned staff and perform other duties as assigned
Qualification Required & Experience
- Master’s degree in agriculture, agriculture administration, agribusiness development or related field from an accredited academic institution
- At least seven (7) years of relevant experience in the management of activities in the specific value chain
- Excellent communication skills, especially written communication and group facilitation skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, Access, Power-point, and internet communication.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in at least two (2) local languages
- Membership in a related professional body is an advantage
To apply send your application letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 24 September, 2021
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED