The role of Transport Officer is currently available at The Trust Hospital. They are looking for an experienced person to assist in the management of the transport system of the hospital.
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Maintaining an up-to-date database of all the organizations’ vehicles
- Ensuring drivers have the appropriate Class and valid Licenses
- Advising on recruitment of new drivers and testing of driver candidates on traffic rules, signage, signaling and practical driving.
- Advising on driver deployment
- Evaluating driver’s performance, allocating and rotating appropriate work assignments.
- Submitting regular and comprehensive monthly reports to the Supervisor on vehicle movements, running cost, challenges etc.
- Ensuring vehicles are used in accordance with the organization’s policy and the vehicle log books correctly filled
- Conducting regular parade and inspection of administrative and pool vehicles
- Ensuring observance of road safety standards.
- Tracking vehicle and fuel usage with GPS tracking system.
- Tracking Vehicle Road Worthiness certificates and insurance to ensure they are always renewed in a timely manner
- Checking vehicles log Information weekly and making corrections where necessary
- Maintaining proper inventory of all components of vehicles,
- making sure they are maintained and checked frequently.
- Ensuring the maintenance and servicing schedule of the vehicles is followed
- Tracking repairs and costs as part of monitoring and overseeing the repair process
- Preparing servicing requisitions for repair and maintenance at the appropriate garages
Qualifications & Experience
- A Diploma in Mechanical or Automobile related
- engineering from an accredited tertiary institution
- A professional level certification in Transoort
- Management will be an advantage
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a transport department in a bus organization
- Familiar with GPS vehicle Tracking System
- Ability to manage transport operations and work as part of a team.
- Significant experience in fleet management and/or logistics
- Leadership skills.
- Computer Literate (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and knowledge in Transport Management Systems
- Good verbal and written communication skills, ability to demonstrate creative approaches to problem solving.
- EXcellent independent judgement and decision making Skills
- High energy and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a team and promote team environment/concept
- Customer service oriented
- Experience in managing transport within the health sector is an advantage.
- Must have a valid driving license of not below license b and be able to drive an Ambulance
Application Process For The Position: Transport Officer
Interested applicants should submit their:
- application letters
- names and address of two referees
- copies of relevant certifates to:
The Head of Human Resources, PMB 16 Ministries – Accra.
Deadline for submission of application: 20th July, 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED