The foundation, STAR-Ghana has great an opportunity for Job. They have expressed interest in a Consultancy For The Co-creation of Project Proposals.
Brief Background to the AVID project
Statistics show that inequitable access to social services are exacerbated by several factors including gender, sex, ability (disability) and geographical location. For instance, the 2020 Education Fact Sheet by UNICEF shows that children belonging to the poorest quintile and those living in rural areas have particularly low completion rates at all levels of basic education. Again, the Education Fact Sheet clearly acknowledges that children with disabilities hardly progress through the education system, with a large proportion being over-age as a result of the lack of disability friendly facilities in basic and secondary schools. These gaps further alienate affected persons from control of public resources and ultimately deepens inequality and results in poverty.
See Also: United States of Africa Job Opportunities
It is in response to these gaps and the need to support emerging movements and associations who aim to advocate around social issues that the STAR Ghana Foundation is implementing the AVID project. Overall, the project seeks to improve access to quality public goods and services for underserved populations, including women, young people, persons living with disabilities and deprived communities. Underserved populations targeted under this project include persons with disabilities (PWD), young people, Fulani/Fulbes, rural women, peasant and small holder farmers and informal workers, such as market women.
The project has the following expected outcomes:
- citizens’ organisations coalescing into social movements, issue-based alliances and coalitions around their salient issues
- citizens’ movements and associations, particularly organisations of underserved populations demonstrate increased capacities to organize and sustain advocacy and engagements with duty bearers on their issues.
Accordingly, the STAR-Ghana Foundation is currently inviting proposals from qualified organisations and groups to develop and implement projects and actions aimed at attaining the project goal. In line with this, eligible organisations are invited to submit concept notes in response to the call.
Specifically, STAR-Ghana Foundation’s interest will be working with organisations who are working on initiatives aimed at.
- Strengthening and mobilising community voices in governance processes.
- Nurturingthe emergence and strengthening of citizen-led movements around key priorities of constituencies.
- Promoting the mainstreaming of active citizenship and local philanthropy as an approach to sustaining social change and development efforts.
- Enabling a more joined-up approach to advocacy – both horizontally and vertically (encouraging connections among smaller CSOs or within a local area, as well as between communities and district, regional and national).
All Concept Notes will be assessed, and shortlisted concepts invited to participate in the next step of the grant process which will be a process of co-creation of the full proposal.
This EOI is to invite qualified Consultants to work with shortlisted applicants to develop full proposals using a co-creation approach.
Recommended: Sandvik Mining New Job Opening
A. Objectives of the Consultancy Assignment
This assignment is for qualified consultants to support shortlisted organizations to develop high quality proposals around already developed concepts for the AVID project, keeping in mind the above objectives.
B. Scope of Consultancy Services
The main services to be undertaken by consultants include, but not limited to the following
- Support community-based organisations (CBOs), citizens’ action groups, farmers’ and trade/livelihoods organisations and networks, coalitions, and alliances to develop full project proposals that align with the objectives and scope of the AVID Call.
- Submit an end of assignment report.
C. Required Expertise and Qualifications
- The Consultant should possess at least 5 years of professional experience in fundraising and proposal development.
- Has a deep understanding of gender equality and social inclusion in development programming.
- Ability to support CBOs to clarify aspirations and articulate their proposed approaches to achieving them.
- Appreciate the context within which CBOs operate and encourage them to own the proposal development process
- Has the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Massive Visa Sponsorship Job Recruitment in UK
- NADMO Confirms Earth Tremors and Gives Further Details
- New Jobs at Melcom Ghana
- Warehouse Jobs in England with VISA Sponsorship
How To Submit An Application For The Job Opportunity At STAR-Ghana Foundation
Interested Consultants should respond to this EOI by completing the expression of interest template on the STAR-Ghana website (https://www.star-ghana.org/our-work/expression-of-interest) and submit via electronic mail to:
firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject for this consultancy should read ‘Co-creation of proposals for AVID project’.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED