The position of Senior Legal – Dispute settlement is now vacant at AfCFTA.
Purpose of Job:
Provides to resolve disputes in a professional, effective and efficient way, having regard for the law, policies, procedures and good practice.
- Manage end to end case work and new matters involving different kind of disputes
- Assist with the effective management of variable complaint demand by being flexible using a range of dispute resolution processes for high productivity output
- Provide independent information about how to go about resolving their disputes
- Accurately record the details of a dispute and case manage according to AU processes
- Identify key issues arising from a dispute, gather and analyze relevant information (both verbal and written) and decide whether a proposed outcome is in accordance with the law, good practice, and what is fair and reasonable given all the circumstances of the dispute
- Apply dispute resolution frameworks including conciliations and employ negotiation and problem-solving skills to facilitate the appropriate resolution of disputes
- Work with internal and external stakeholders
- Actively contribute to the responsive management of complaint demand and undertake other duties and tasks as and when require
- Responsible for the overall supervision and management of the Division.
- Ensure creation of an inspiring work environment to enable staff development and professional progression.
Suggested: Graduate Job Opportunity At Perbi Cubs
- Serve as secretary to dispute settlement panels and arbitrators in the resolution of trade disputes between AfCFTA States Parties
- Ensure a dispute settlement process that is transparent, accountable, fair, predictable and consistent with the provisions of the AfCFTA Agreement
- Facilitate the resolution of disputes through conciliation, good offices, mediation and arbitration
- Plan and organise the work of the Division
- Assist and support dispute resolution panels and arbitrators, or members of the Appellate Body considering an appeal
- Provide substantive legal advice and research on legal, technical or procedural issues in dispute resolution or appeal proceedings
- Advise the Legal Directorate in the exercise of its functions on dispute resolution issues Perform any other relevant duties assigned by the immediate Supervisor.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience:
A Master’s degree or equivalent in international law (public international law, law of international organizations) with Twelve (12) years of relevant and progressively more responsible experience in the field of legal.
Seven (7) of these years should be at senior management level and five (5) should involve a supervisory role
- A demonstrated ability to initiate and promote collaborative approaches between geographically and culturally disparate partners
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations both internally and externally
- Ability to develop and delegate clear program goals, plans and actions, that are consistent with agreed strategies
- Ability to delegate the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority with regard to performance management and professional development
- Ability to effectively lead, supervise, mentor, develop and evaluate staff
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages, fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
- High degree of independence, maturity and initiative
- Ability to handle challenging questions and difficult stakeholders
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work
- Be flexible, adaptable and open to change
- Proficiency in one of the AU officials working languages (Arabic, English, French, Kiswahili, Portuguese and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage;
How To Submit An Application For Senior Legal (Dispute settlement) – AfCFTA
Continue to This Page To Apply
Deadline: March 8, 2023.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED