There is a new job vacancy for the position of Senior Legal Counsel- General Legal Affairs at AfCFTA.
Purpose of Job:
Advise on general law issues and manage the legal issues of all areas of AfCFTA Secretariat
- Provide advice to ensure the proper implementation of the AfCFTA Staff Regulations and related laws covering the working conditions of AfCFTA Secretariat staff
- Assist in the fundraising process, prepare materials, partnership agreements, advise and document management and compensation agreements, and conclude fundraising transactions
- Mitigate labor disputes, including assisting the General Secretary in handling administrative matters
- Manage, monitor and provide proactive support and advice on all aspects of existing and emerging legal issues and risk
- Advising on data protection legislation and ensuring compliance with the applicable legal framework
- Advise the Legal Department in the performance of its duties on general legal matters.
- Responsible for the overall supervision and management of the Division.
- Ensure creation of an inspiring work environment to enable staff development and professional progression.
Recommended: New Work Opportunities At Huawei
- Provides strategic and tactical advice to, and working as an integral member of AfCFTA Secretariat negotiating teams on particular transactions towards:
- negotiating a relationship;
- drafting and/or revising and advising on the content of contractual documents setting out the terms and conditions of particular relationships;
- negotiating on the specific terms and conditions of contractual documents,
- advising on legal aspects of the termination or wind-down of ongoing relationships.
- Advises on a range of current legal issues impacting AfCFTA Secretariat by reviewing issues, ascertaining applicable and appropriate legal and risk management practices, and recommending courses of action to AfCFTA management.
- Perform any other relevant duties assigned by the immediate Supervisor.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in international law (public international law, law of international organizations) with Twelve (12) years of relevant and progressively more responsible experience in the legal field.
- Seven (7) of these years should be at the senior management level and five (5) should involve a supervisory role
- A demonstrated ability to initiate and promote collaborative approaches between geographically and culturally disparate partners
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations both internally and externally
- Ability to develop and delegate clear program goals, plans and actions, that are consistent with agreed strategies
- Ability to delegate the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority with regard to performance management and professional development
- Ability to effectively lead, supervise, mentor, develop and evaluate staff
How To Submit An Application For Senior Legal Counsel- General Legal Affairs (AfCFTA)
Closing Date: March 8, 2023.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED