Recruitment ongoing for the position of a Quality Control Officer at manufacturing company
- With the assistance and supervision of the Production Manager in the manufacturing company
- Guide and Oversee the quality control function and manufacturing quality function to meet quality standards for materials, products, and manufacturing process, and deliver final products to customers
With limits of delegated authority from the Production Manager, the Quality Control Officer will be responsible for achieving the following objectives and responsibilities in the manufacturing company :
- Formulate and set quality policies according to the company’s furniture quality standards and legal regulations for the quality control function.
- Lead special inspection tool design process.
- Approve all finished products by confirming specifications and conducting required tests
- Return products for re-work if needed and complete documentation to confirm re-work
- Document and update inspection results by completing reports and logs
- Manage all incoming material and component inspection activities, and develop and manage new product test activities including new fabric application test, a new product in the house, etc.
- Manage the disposal of non-conforming material, components, and products, ensuring that company and product quality requirements are met.
- Monitor the verification and follow-up of quality issues occurring at the production line and customer sites, ensuring all issues can be closed in a timely manner.
- Interface with Suppliers/Procurement on inspection methods, test report requirements in technical agreements, master sample sign-off, on-site inspections, and sorting arrangement.
- Manage inspection activities to support all projects, quality improvement, and cost-saving projects.
- Keep drawing issues record and feedback to the marketing team on monthly basis to drive improvement.
- Manage and provide material/component test/inspection report to the Marketing team for Marketing promotional purposes.
- Manage manufacturing quality: process audit, product audit, developing and updating inspection working instructions and control plans, quality awareness training, process non-conformity goods disposal.
- Oversee Mock-up/Control Sample quality inspections.
- Maintain safe work environment by following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical publications, attending seminars, watching industry videos, etc.
- Accomplish organization mission by completing related results as needed
Gender Policy and Equity
- Supports and promotes the company’s gender policy and the Network’s initiatives for gender sensitivity and gender equity.
- Promotes a culture of gender equity and sensitivity among staff and clients.
- Promotes and supports gender equity, equal opportunity, and diversity policy.
Self-development (Quality Control Officer at manufacturing company)
- Develops and maintains own knowledge, expertise, and professionalism.
- Keeps abreast of current developments in furniture manufacturing company including micro and macro environmental factors and trends, through local and international networking activities, as it relates to Production issues.
- Meets personal training and development needs through relevant production-related professional and commercial training and networking activities.
Qualification Required & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 1-2 years experience in working in a wood production environment or manufacturing sector
- Or a minimum of a university degree in wood and/or production management qualification is required.
- Mechanical skills – basic mechanical aptitude and good manual dexterity essential
- Physical fitness – because manufacturing environments can be hot or cold depending on outside conditions, and because production line operators must frequently lift heavy materials, physical fitness is essential for this career path
- Attention to detail – perform quality control by verifying that all materials on the line meet company standards, which requires good attention to detail
- Computer skills –basic computer skills
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Experience in manufacturing company
- Good, effective communication and interpersonal skills are required; together with the ability to relate well to a wide range of personnel within the company; as well as external customers.
- Strong IT skills are required in the areas of Microsoft Word and Excel. In addition, the job holder will need to continually strengthen his/her knowledge of wood as a material.
- The products produced by the company are predominantly bespoke in nature and therefore the job holder must possess Project Management skills and experience to manage job orders; some of which can happen simultaneously and with varying complexities.
- The jobholder will need to develop and strengthen his/her wood knowledge skills through on-the-job training and/or appropriate short courses and online resources.
- The job holder will need to acquire soft skills training aimed at strengthening communication, time management, report writing, and service delivery skills.
Planning and Performance Management
- Ability to set and deliver business goals
- Ability to plan, budget, and organize various functions necessary to accomplish Production goals and activities
- Ability to set, monitor, and assess achievements against performance targets, quality standards, and service agreements
Reporting and Communication Skills
- Ability to consolidate, prepare and submit Production reports and correspondence
- Exceptional oral skills and ability to speak clearly to production staff, communicate clearly and persuasively and instruct others
- Ability to interpret documents, understand procedures, and write reports
- Ability to maintain high standards of accuracy in the information and advice provided to the MD, Management, and employees
- Listening, comprehension, and understanding skills and sensitivity to the emotional, attitudinal and political aspects of human resources management
Organization and Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to enthuse and inspire employees to give their best in order to achieve goals
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to adapt and work cooperatively and effectively in different situations and teams to carry out the assigned task
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with individuals and teams
- Excellent organization, delegation, performance management, and time management skills
- Has a positive “can do” mentality and has the ability to address challenges and exploit all available resources to accomplish objectives
- Ability to motivate others by personal role modeling, professional credibility, and trust
- Ability to handle difficult people and tense situations with diplomacy and tact
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in matters relating to employee’s personal information
- Ability to maintain and promote fair, non-discriminatory employment practices and employee treatment
Commitment to Mission and Gender Policy and Equity
- Commitment to the company’s mission, corporate values and motivation as expressed in the ability to incorporate the mission and values in the work area
- Commitment to poverty eradication and an ability to transform the lives and communities of people in poverty
- Ability to support and implement transformational activities aimed at empowering all staff and clients in such a way that they become agents of social, spiritual, political, and economic transformation in their own communities
- Commitment to promoting and supporting gender policy and equity
- Commitment to equal opportunity and diversity policy and equity
Basic Mathematical and Numeric Skills
- Addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Skill to locate routine mathematical errors
- Computation of rate, ratio, and percent including the drafting and interpretation of Production reports
Personal Computer Operation
- Intermediate skills in personal computer operation
- Reporting and communication software programs – word processing, PowerPoint presentation, and spreadsheet
- Typing speed to meet the production needs of the position.
- Management Team at all levels
- Production staff
- Procurement Officer
- Wood and Production Material Suppliers
HOW TO APPLY (Quality Control Officer at manufacturing company)
Interested candidate should send their CVs to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 21 January, 2022.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED