There is an Opportunity To Work At IFDC. The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is glad to announce it’s latest recruitment for an Assistant Economist.
Scope of Work
Our project needs a reliable Economist/Socio-economist to join our team. We are three years down the road and gathered large amounts of socio-economic and agro-technical data that needs to be analyzed in great depth. We’re looking for a college graduate with journey-level skills and a desire to expand his or her skill set and experience. The ideal candidate will be able to function effectively under the supervision of the main economist who guides required economic analyses.
See Also: November 2022 Job Recruitment At CalBank PLC
The candidate will assist the Economics team to conduct research, prepare reports and journal articles, and formulate plans to aid in solution of economic problems in the fertilizer value chain. He/she will process economic and statistical data using econometric and sampling techniques. Our team includes some of the brightest minds in the academia and we hope to add you to our roster.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist in designing survey instrument and manage participatory action research processes.
- Assist in field data collection, secondary data collection, literature synthesis, and conduct field data analyses.
- Write, among others, journal articles and policy briefs, based on existing project data and objectives.
- Assist natural scientists to conduct economic analysis of fertilizer trials/demonstrations.
Recommended: Career Possibility At Puma Energy
Skills & Competencies:
- Skills in framing social science research designs and conceptual understanding within an interdisciplinary context, to design and conduct field research activities across soil fertility management and good agronomic practices.
- Proven experience in mixed methods (quantitative and qualitative),
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multidisciplinary, multi-institutional and multicultural environment.
- Possess an open mindset and the ability to learn.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (and French will be added advantage).
- Ability to plan and conduct socio economic studies for development
- Competence in statistical analysis and data collection
- Good skill in report-writing and presentation of research results
- Proven knowledge in mobilizing communities and professional organization
- Supervisory skills
- Time-management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Minimum of Post Graduate degree (Master of Philosophy) in Agricultural Economics, Social Science, Development Economics, or a closely related field such as Agricultural Development and Agricultural Innovation Systems Economics, and Development Studies. Doctorate degree in any of the above is an advantage
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience, with at least 1 year of experience in carrying out social research studies
- Experience in Agricultural Research for Development is an advantage
- A proven publication record on relevant topics
- Job Vacancies At Electrofax Engineering Services Limited
- Axis Human Capital Limited Job Vacancies
- Exciting Career Opportunities At Tiast Group
Opportunity To Work At IFDC – How To Apply
Closing Date: 20th November, 2022
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED