There is a new open slot at Care Ghana. The company is looking for a procurement officer. The Officer’s main job is to make sure that goods and services are bought every day efficiently and cost-effectively while keeping legal considerations and requirements in mind. He or she helps the project team with things like administration and procurement. Customers should be treated with maturity, tact, and delicacy by the person in charge. This project will be run from Tamale.
Make sure the project team gets high-quality goods and services on time, according to CARE’s policies and procedures:
- Handle all procurement requests and processes to make sure goods and services (including consulting services) are delivered on time and by procurement policies, procedures, and quality service standards.
- Reviewing all purchase requests, checking price targets, and making sure that all specifications and requirements are clear and that all permissions have been given.
- Coordinating with other departments to make sure that purchase requests, supplier quotes, and purchase orders are all clear and complete.
Vendor Management, Recordkeeping and Reporting:
- Make sure that all procurement documents are filled out correctly for record-keeping and auditing, and keep organized files on active orders and post-sale activities like change notices, schedule changes, and partial shipments.
- Maintain an Approved Vendor List (AVL) with up-to-date pricing information by goods and services, as well as a ranking of performance based on recent post-delivery evaluations.
- Periodically, make an evaluation report on the performance of the supplier or vendor with suggestions based on service delivery and track record (at least every 6 months).
Prepare, Process, and Monitor Consulting Agreements:
- Maintain and review the consultant’s database for the project. Make sure that consulting requests are handled quickly and following established procedures. If necessary, coordinate due diligence.
- Follow up quickly on consulting contracts to make sure the terms are followed.
- Follow established procedures to prepare and process payment requests from consultants.
Skills or Experience Needed:
- Good knowledge of the systems and practices of procurement, as well as its policies and procedures.
- A good grasp of the rules and regulations for donors (USAID, EU etc)
Recommended: Role Open At DS Construction Limited
- At least 3–5 years of experience in procurement work, with more and more responsibility each year.
- Ideally, you have worked with an NGO or a development organization before.
- Strong focus on customer service and the ability to work well with people from different cultures and backgrounds at all levels of the organization.
- Strong level of initiative to follow up on processing problems and concerns on their own.
- Excellent skills in planning, organizing, and keeping track of time.
- Good at working together.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating skills,
- Good presentation and communication skills in person, on paper, and over the phone.
- Strong work ethic and sense of time.
- Good at both writing and speaking, and very good at analyzing things.
- Ability to make decisions on your own and work without being told what to do.
- Ability to do more than one thing at once and meet deadlines.
- Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook, as well as other Microsoft programs, are used well (or similar software).
- A Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, or a combination of education and relevant work experience, is the minimum requirement.
- Being a member of a professional body for procurement, such as CIPS, ISM, MGIPS, etc., will be a plus.
Also Read: Career Opening at Ahantaman Rural Bank
How To Send Applications To Care Ghana For The Open Slot
Send your application (CV and cover letter) to: email@example.com with the subject line “Procurement Officer Application.”
Closing Date: Friday, April 14, 2023.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED