The Tony Blair Institute for Global Change is here with an exciting job vacancy. The institute is currently looking to hire a Senior Advisor, SME Development and Tourism. This role is located in the following regions: Nairobi, Ghana, London. This is a full time and a permanent position.
Advisory support and expertise:
- Maintain relentless focus on our clients’ needs, i.e., political leaders’ most pressing challenges and priorities, and the development of practical, politically sensitive solutions on SME and Entrepreneurship Development and Tourism Sector Development
- Provide cross cutting sector support on SME and Entrepreneurship development including business finance, market access, business development services, business environment reforms amongst others
- Support senior political leaders in development of tourism sector strategies and policies, including tourism ecosystem support, identification of market trends, target segments, and tourism competitive advantages
- Support organisational learning on our SME and Tourism as part of our broader learning and development agenda
- Shape and embody a positive culture that drives ambition, innovation, and delivery which draws on the best of TBI beyond “boxes and lines”
- Work collaboratively with global advisory leadership and teams to ensure your support reinforces and strengthens the quality and impact of our political advice
Leadership & offer development:
- Work with a small team of experts and support the development of TBI’s unique way of delivering economic development advisory support for senior political leaders
- Lead creation of toolkits with which other TBI teams can engage to develop and guide clients on SME and Entrepreneurship Development and Tourism Sector development
- Represent TBI at international and continental to show case our work and strengthen the voice of partner governments in the global arena.
- Contribute to written thought leadership and publications
Also Check: Massive Job Recruitment At Peduase Valley Resort
This is a senior role requiring an exceptional candidate:
- Significant experience in the field of SME and Entrepreneurship Development with a focus on policy formulation, program design, and implementation with strong knowledge on SME and entrepreneurship development strategies.
- Significant experience in the field of Tourism Sector Development with a focus on policy formulation, program design, and implementation and strong knowledge of global tourism trends, sustainable tourism practices.
- Demonstrated experience and fluency in working with and advising senior political leaders and senior government officials to drive prioritization, provide advice, and support delivery
- Experience with stakeholder management, relationship building and “getting things done” in complex and matrixed organizations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and influence a wide range of stakeholders, including government officials, industry representatives, and development partners.
- Proven project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Experience in working in multicultural and multidisciplinary teams.
- A track-record developing frameworks and toolkits to enable organizations and colleagues to deliver effectively
- A positive attitude and demonstrating the values as an optimistic and pragmatic changemaker
- Fluency in English is required with proficiency in an additional language relevant being an added advantage
- Willingness to travel frequently (~30 percent) to project countries globally.
Job Application Process At Tony Blair Institute For Global Change
Apply By: 11th August, 2023
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED