The American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) is here with a fresh career option. The Senior Surveyor I is considered an intermediate to advanced level Surveyor position.
What You Will Do:
- Acts as a professional specialist for the organization in the application of related rules, regulations, requirements, concepts, principles, and processes.
- Performs routine surveys on classed vessels, platforms, or other marine structures and at manufacturers for classification and compliance with statutory requirements.
- Prepares technically accurate and timely reports of inspections and surveys performed.
- Engages in contact with clients to resolve problems within areas of expertise.
- Maintains survey files in an orderly and up-to-date manner in the area of responsibility.
- Maintains an active awareness of new methods and developments affecting the technical scope of assigned responsibilities and recommends changes in the surveying processes and safety programs as warranted by such developments. Recommends new approaches to problems encountered and makes changes in methods, procedures, or design where necessary.
- Plans, schedules, and coordinates various phases of surveying work and monitoring the quality of service on work performed.
- Monitors work and projects performed by subordinate surveyors to ensure maintenance of quality, content, consistency, and continuity of work performed.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and training to lower-level and/or less experienced surveyors.
- Promotes the services and capabilities of ABS to present and potential customers.
Suggested Job: Career Option At Publicis West Africa
What You Will Need:
Education & Experience
- Qualifications from a tertiary institution within a relevant field of engineering or physical science (minimum two (2) years program); or
- Qualifications from a marine or nautical institution and relevant seagoing experience as a certificated ship officer, and
- Minimum requirements & knowledge listed for Surveyor II.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working as a Surveyor II.
- Understanding of ABS strategic technical positioning in their respective sector of the marine industry or
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in an Engineering or Survey Capacity with an IACS member Classification Society
Application Process For ABS’ Career Slot
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED