Anglogold Ashanti is searching for a dedicated and highly motivated individual to fill the position: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist.
Role Purpose And Context:
The purpose of the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist role is to lead development and execution of performance and impact measurement of the mine’s socio-economic contribution in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs); Environment, Economic, Social, and Governance (EESG) criteria, National and Local Development Plans and other relevant frameworks with the objective of ensuring that host communities are resilient and self-sustaining and consequently the social license of the mine is sustainably secured.
View Also: January 2023 Job Vacancy At Guinness
- Conduct risks assessment for all tasks and ensure they are controlled before and during task execution.
- Report all incidents and ensure they have been investigated and corrective actions completed on time
- Act on all corrective actions assigned and ensure timely completion.
- Conduct formal meetings with team and report any weakness in the environmental procedures
- Investigate all environmental incidents in assigned work areas and prepare reports with recommendations for the Departmental Manager for onward submission to the Environmental Manager or his representative
- Develop and implement Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) systems across the value chain of the mine’s operation in the line with the ESG criteria and SDGs
- Coordinate formulation of Community Investment Projects/Programmes and/repackaging of interventions into projects/programmes to ensure impact measurement and reporting
- Ensure compliance of Community Investment programmes/projects with relevant legal, regulations, industry standards and organizational policies
- Develop and implement plans for programmes/project baselines and evaluations
- Carry out analysis of M&E data and prepare standard reports to communicate impact
- Oversee the knowledge management process for community investment programmes and projects
See Also: New Career Options At Kudu Logistics
Qualification And Experience
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in Data Science, Social Science, or Monitoring and Evaluation or related field
- 5 years’ experience in similar line of work
- Hands on experience in formulation and implementation of development programmes/projects
- Hands on experience in design and implementation of M&E systems
- Experience in participatory methodologies and their application
- Demonstrated expertise in rigorous quantitative and qualitative research and analytical methods
- Hands on experience in standard report writing and presentation
- Knowledge of SDGs and EESG and their application in programme development
- A good experience and knowledge of the mining value chain and the social performance requirements
- Knowledge of internationally applicable standards relevant to sustainable development (ICMM, IFC, ESG and SDG on Social Performance, VPSHR, GEITI etc.)
- A good knowledge of shared value-driven community investment
- Knowledge of the development planning process of the MMDAs
- Ability to work in a team
- Programme/project design and management skills
- Participatory Methodologies and their application
- Demonstrated statistical analysis skills and use of relevant software (SAS, SPSS, etc).
- Strong qualitative research skills
- Excellent report writing, analytical, and communication skills, including oral presentation skills
You Can Equally Apply For:
How To Submit An Application For Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist at AngloGold
To send your application, kindly click on this Tab
Closing Date: 11th January, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED