The Savana Signatures Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) manager will be primarily responsible for the daily implementation of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning activities of the organisation.
She or He will oversee all MERL activities, provide technical direction and support to the project team, ensure the accurate reporting of results for program activities, data harmonisation and visualisation.
The MERL activities will include designing a MERL system, conduction evaluations and rapid assessments, work planning, tracking progress of multiple project objectives, development of data collection instruments and sampling strategies, onsite research and data collection, documenting best practices, writing / reviewing required reports and liaising with stakeholders on technical matters.
MERL Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Design a monitoring, evaluation, research and learning system for the organisation, including development of data collection and reporting tools and generation of reliable data for results-based management of multiple programs.
- Develop data analytics and visualization tools to present data in compelling ways to partners and stakeholders.
- Design, implement and disseminate qualitative and quantitative research studies, including routine exit interviews as well as rapid assessments of progress and quality of projects being implemented.
- Participate in the preparation of proposals, work plans, budgets, M&E plans, performance frameworks and program performance reports.
- Oversee the aggregation and compilation of M&E data (quantitative and qualitative) for monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Conducting DQAs, data cleaning, analysis and review of routine project data at all levels to identify improvements in performance trends along process and output indicators and link it to effective interventions.
- Conduct outcome harvesting to identify, describe, verify and analyse outcomes at all levels through tracking milestones and evaluating the relationship between the achievements and key program outcomes.
- Support the program implementation team to engage key stakeholders in periodic program reviews to validate implementation strategies; jointly define a pathway to change; analyse performance trends along the program indicators and articulate necessary course corrections.
- Taking lead in data capture and reporting using monitoring tools to track program indicators as per the various project performance frameworks including timely and accurate publication of program achievements.
- Provide M&E summaries to program implementation teams to facilitate documentation of best practices and dissemination of lessons learnt, to key stakeholders and donors • Build capacity of program staff on Monitoring Evaluation Research and Learning • Ensure that all MERL activities consider a gender and youth sensitive dimension.
Basic Qualifications, Training and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Biostatistics, Population Studies, Information Studies or any relevant scientific discipline from a recognized institution. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years’ progressive experience in implementing monitoring Evaluation, Research and learning activities.
- Experience on outcome harvesting and Research methods.
- Organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and able to multitask.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with complexity-aware measurement approaches, such as Outcome Harvesting, Outcome Mapping, and Most Significant Change
- Demonstrated relevant technical skills in analyzing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data, and packaging the findings.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc., and the ability to use various commercially available statistical software programs.
How To Apply for the Job
Persons interested in the MERL Manager job Vacancy at Savana Signatures should kindly check the full instructions below to apply.
Closing Date: 28th June, 2023
- Web Designer and Content Officer At AfCFTA
- GRO Oilfield Alliance Ghana Job Recruitment
- June 2023 Job Opportunities At Pizzaman
About Savana Signatures
Savana Signatures is a Ghanaian For-Impact NGO and leader in the innovative use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to design and deliver inclusive, scalable social interventions in the areas of Inclusive Quality Education, Sexual and Reproductive Health, Livelihood and Economic Development. We specialise in the designing and execution of Social and Behaviour Change (SBC) and Community Development interventions.
We have a mission to initiate positive change among girls, women, youth and vulnerable population of Ghana using innovative solutions to facilitate their reproductive health and rights, quality education and skills development.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED