GIZ have is currently advertising a new career opportunity for May 2023. The organization is set to hire a new IT specialist to join it dynamic team of employees.
Scope of Role:
- The IT specialist is primarily responsible for ensuring that IT and management systems operate and function correctly according to IT industry best practice and implementing and complying with GIZ IT standards and recommendations.
- Ensures the availability of up-to-date hardware (laptops, servers, all PCs) in accordance with current GIZ standards.
- Deals with maintenance of PCs, notebooks, printers, digital cameras, scanners and other hardware and maintaining the system’s network
and hardware documentation.
- Implements, maintains and configures all standard GIZ software (e.g. Microsoft 365, WinPACCS, SAP)
- Set up new user accounts, profiles, and deals with password issues, maintains and updates existing web sites.
- Is responsible for the availability of the LAN, installs any updates and ensures routine, professional maintenance of the necessary hardware, installs and maintains the LAN.
- Monitors the performance of the internet connections and devise strategies for bandwidth management and configure the firewall.
- Manages and ensures general administration of the entire IT system.
- Notifies the GIZ IT help desk of fundamental problems with GIZ IT applications
- Maintains a list of all hardware and software systems, and updates this to reflect changes, backs up data and deals with the problem of
Qualification & Experience Required For The Career At GIZ
- BSc/MSc in Information Technology
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position with current IT industry certifications (e.g. MCSE, MCP, CCNP) are an asset.
- Outstanding knowledge of IT hardware and software used, computer network systems, database software, network security.
- Ideally, knowledge of GIZ systems and specific GIZ software (SAP, WINPACCS, etc.)
- Working experience in IT user management, IT Helpdesk Support and customer relations is an asset.
- Strong command of English language (both written and oral) is required; knowledge of German language is an asset.
- Good presentation, communication, and reporting skills with the ability to present complex technical details in a simple business context
- Good time management
- Ability to work under pressure, strong team orientation, cooperation and negotiation skills.
- Proactive attitude towards personal growth and institutional changes
- Rendering result orientated performance; willingness to take up responsibility.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
How To Send Application To GIZ For The Career Opening
Forward a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: email@example.com under the Job Code 2023/CO-IT/05/15.
If you do not hear from GIZ Two (2) weeks after the deadline, consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 29th May, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED