FAO is has a vacant slot for the role of District Field Technicians, EU Project Food Security Response (6 posts). The position is based at Tamale, Ghana.
- Identify the beneficiary communities of the project in close collaboration with District Agriculture Department and project team
- Liaise between beneficiary communities, farmer groups, and project partners for the implementation of Project activities.
- Coordinate with implementing partners the planning and execution of project activities at district levels.
- Supervise the activities implemented by project partners, guaranteeing quality and transparency, according to the terms and conditions stipulated in project document and Letters of Agreements.
- Contact community leaders, encourage farmers to become group members and train famers on good dynamics and cohesion
- Participate in planning meetings, implement, follow up, monitor and evaluate project activities at district level in accordance with the project M&E strategy.
- Undertake collection and processing of data for monitoring, surveys, assessments, yield measurement and other project needs.
- Guide the establishment of FFS groups and FFS learning sessions; train partners and beneficiaries on production protocols of the project
- Support to register beneficiary communities and farmer groups and keep database of beneficiaries and results achieved at district level.
- Distribute, Monitor and Track inputs supply for project activities
- Monitor project implementation activities at district level and submit bimonthly reports
- Follow-up on implementation of Letters of Agreement with planned activities and provide technical assistance to implementing partners.
- Perform other duties as required.
Minimum Field Essentials:
- You should be a national of Ghana
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree in agriculture and any related discipline
- 3 years of experience in agricultural extension service delivery, with at least 1 year experience in the project locations and 2 years of relevant experience in agricultural development and/or project implementation in an area of FAO’s activities in the country.
- Working knowledge of English (proficient – level C)
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Take This: Permanent Job Posting At Remoteli
- Experience working with smallholder farmers in northern Ghana will be an added advantage
- Fluency with local language in the project locations will be added advantage
- The position requires good technical knowledge of the climate change mitigation and adaptation in Ghana
- Extent and relevance of experience in project management and coordination
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of climate smart agriculture and resilience of especially small holder farming households
- Extent and relevance of experience in management of computer programs such as Excel, Word, Power Point and statistical software.
- The candidate must demonstrate high communication skills, both verbal and written, negotiation, leadership, vision, strategy, coordination and teamwork
How To Forward A Request For The Slot At FAO
Closing Date: 14th February, 2024, 4:59:00 PM
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED