African Women’s Development Fund (AWDF) is looking to employ a Junior Finance Assistant (Regular).
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Junior Finance Assistant is required to provide support to the Finance Department of the organisation to achieve the overall objectives of accountability, transparency and integrity in the planning and implementation of AWDF’s work. The post holder must demonstrate the highest levels of integrity at all times and in all aspects of the work and maintain strict confidentiality.
Check: Junior Finance Assistant (Short-term)
Financial Planning and Reporting
- Assist in preparation of organizational Annual Budget and Donor Specific budgets
- Assist the Finance Manager to prepare, project accounts statutory accounts and audit schedules and liaise with auditors during the annual audit
Financial Management and Accounting
- Raise invoices in Sunsystems for all approved supplier contracts
- Prepare on line payments or bank transfers to approved suppliers
- Undertake day to day input of transactions on the accounting system and the maintenance of financial records including inputting and completion of postings to meet the month-end reporting deadline of the 15th of the preceding month
- Assist in the maintenance of the internal expenditure control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched with supporting documents and completed transactions are correctly recorded and posted in SUN SYSTEMS
- Attend and participate in staff meetings as required.
- Ensure confidentiality on all appropriate matters and recognise that any breach of confidentiality may be a dismissible offence.
- Exhibit high level of integrity at all times.
See Also: Permanent Job Offer At Perbi Cubs
Essential Knowledge And Experience:
- Understanding of accrual accounting and their impact on the statement of financial position and performance
- Able to make presentations to a small group and deal with questions raised
- Able to write
- Able to review requests for payment and identify exception
- Knowledge and experience working on the Sun System Accounting software
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial data
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- 3 years’ experience in Finance Department
- A relevant degree in Finance/Accounting
Job Location: AWDF House, Accra – Ghana
You Might Also Like:
- BAT Ghana Job Opportunity
- USAID Ghana Employment Opportunity
- Part time bookkeeper Job at Bridge Roses Montessori
How To Submit An Application For Junior Finance Assistant – Regular
Click on this Link to apply.
For more information, Press Here
Closing Date: Tuesday, 10th January, 2023.
Due to our limited capacity, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for additional information and interviews.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED