JSI Research & Training Institute November 2021 Job Recruitment
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc.
Ghana Strengthening the Care Continuum Project (GSCC)
The goal of this extension is to allow Care Continuum to expand existing support to the Government of Ghana (GOG) and to accelerate Ghana’s progress in attaining the 95-95-95 UNAIDS goal by achieving epidemic control in high HIV disease burden region(s) by scaling up evidence-based interventions.
Activities will include active case finding of persons living with HIV (PLHIV), including key populations (KPs), getting them on treatment, retaining them, and ensuring they are virally suppressed in Ghana The activity will be funded by the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through September 2023.
This is a full-time position that will be based in Takoradi, Ghana.
The Snr. Advisor – Treatment and Care is responsible for working with the Clinical team and the Regional Health Directorate to build on current program strengths and accomplishments, taking into account the donor priorities, national priorities, existing stakeholders, and programming opportunities.
S/he will be responsible for maintaining a high level of expertise and innovation, in particular, the area of antiretroviral treatment (including adherence and retention, the roll-out of viral load monitoring, treatment monitoring including treatment failure, differentiated service delivery models, and other related issues),
The Snr. Advisor Treatment and Care report to the Clinical Director.
Responsibilities and duties
- Developing evidence-based strategies along the continuum of HIV care for the program with support from the Clinical Director.
- Promoting innovative programming in C&T across the Care Continuum’s programs
- Supporting clinical service delivery and mentoring teams in the design and implementation of innovative C&T interventions/ models and strengthening of HIV C&T components in current programs under the strategic direction of the Clinical Director
- Providing technical assistance, training, and mentoring to support ART Nurses in the districts across the Western, Western North, and Ahafo Regions.
- Developing comprehensive training materials, SOPS, and tools for ART sites and systematically updating technical and other staff on HIV C&T
- Supporting building organizational capacity for C&T
- Ensure the application of index testing strategy (including index case finding, index contact elicitation, tracing, testing, and linkage to ART) at both community and facility
- Support Clinical Director in the representation of The Project in national TWGs, external meetings, working groups related to HIV C&T
- Any other duty assigned by the Clinical Director.
Required Skills or Experience
- Preferably a clinician with a background in General Nursing or Midwifery with a Master of Public Health (MPH); Master of Sciences Epidemiology (MSc) or equivalent degree or experience is an added advantage.
- 7 – 10 or more years of experience in HIV and AIDS prevention, care, and treatment programs in developing countries
- Extensive clinical experience in the care of HIV infected adults and children in resource-poor settings
- Strong experience in providing mentorship and technical assistance
- Self-motivated and demonstrated success in building effective programs in resource-limited settings
- Recent experience delivering HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs.
- Demonstrated leadership in building and sustaining positive working relationships and partnerships with donor agencies, host country governments, and partners at local, country, regional, and international levels.
- Excellent oral and report writing and presentation skills. Proven ability to write high-quality scientific/management documents including the ability to represent the project to key stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while working as part of a team
- Experience working with USAID Missions, USAID/PEPPER host country governments,
- USG health agencies, and/or USAID partner organizations desirable.
- Ability to travel within the regions/districts
APPLICATION PROCESS (JSI Research & Training Institute November 2021 Job Recruitment )
- Deadline for the submission of applications: November 12, 2021.
- There will be no relocation allowance as the Position is based in TAKORADI
- Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No phone calls or drop-ins will be accepted.
JSI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are welcome to apply.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED