Asanko Gold Ghana Limited is offering a new job slot. The Engineering Department is looking to hire a Mobile Equipment Supervisor.
The role holder will be in charge of a team of mobile equipment techs. Their job is to make sure that all heavy mobile equipment and related tasks are maintained effectively and efficiently so that the mine’s needs for equipment availability are always met.
- Set up a reliable maintenance system so that all problems with big mobile equipment can be found and fixed quickly;
- Do schedule maintenance on pumps and hydraulic cylinders, as well as on all mobile mining equipment;
- Identify the reasons for problems with mobile equipment and come up with a plan to fix them;
- Check out the contractor’s equipment and make sure there are SOPs in place to help with specific jobs;
- Oversee the repair and rebuilding of trucks, tractors, pumps, cranes, and other standard or specialized gasoline, diesel, and manually driven firefighting equipment and machinery;
- Plan and coordinate activities by putting together work schedules, setting goals, and giving operators orders;
- Help the stores figure out what tools, parts, materials, and supplies they need to fix and maintain big equipment.
- Talk with dealers of heavy tools about problems with the warranty;
- Watch how well team members do their jobs and lead well by giving and getting feedback about the work and related things;
- Make sure the crew members are highly driven, well trained, and able to do their jobs;
- Prepare and show maintenance and spending reports every week, pointing out any differences before operational review meetings;
- Do any other tasks that the boss may give you from time to time.
Skills or Experience Needed
- Must have at least an HND/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or something similar from an approved college or university;
- Must have at least four (4) years of hands-on experience fixing and maintaining heavy equipment, as well as knowing how to get permits according to Mining regulatory standards.
- Having a Mines Inspectorate of the Minerals Commission of Ghana-issued Inspecting Engineer Certificate will be a plus;
- Must be able to use a computer and know how to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and handle a database;
- Must be able to drive on rough terrain and have a current Ghanaian driver’s license.
- Excellent working understanding of software for troubleshooting equipment and/or other Microsoft programs that are used in mining or a similar field;
- Must be able to fix problems and figure out what’s wrong with electrical and hydraulic tools;
- Ability to use what you know about standards, methods, and processes on the job;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and do well in a fast-paced work setting;
- Must be able to communicate well both orally and in writing and be able to work with people at different levels of leadership and from different cultures.
- Strong people skills and the ability to organize;
- Must be physically fit for the job and the place where they work.
How To Send Job Applications To Asanko Gold
Send your application, along with a detailed resume and proof of qualifications, by the due date to:
Manager, Organizational Capabilities,
Asanko Gold Ghana Limited,
No. 4, Sir Arku Korsah Road, Airport Residential Area,
P.O. Box CT 6153,
Or email: email@example.com
Kindly put the job title you in subject line of the email.
Deadline For Applications: June 12, 2023.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED