The successful candidate will join our team as an Officer for Projects at Airteltigo’s Network Department. (S)He will report to the IT PMO and will plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Officer will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
See Also: Mass Job Recruitment At Ghana News Agency
Airteltigo’s Key Responsibilities For The IT Project Officer:
- Define IT project objectives, scope and schedules
- Develops and maintains IT detailed project plans and controls
- Co-ordinate stakeholders, including external suppliers, and working groups engaged in IT project work.
- Identify cross-functional blocking points and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality and service delivery goals.
- Monitor and report IT projects progress, risks and performances
- Adhere to the Company’s PM Policies, procedures and methodologies.
- Manage, control and execute CAPEX for IT Projects
- Strategy & Planning
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Conduct project post-mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Acquisition & Deployment
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary, during project cycle.
Read More: Job Vacancies Available at GIMPA 2023
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications document.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirement documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work. Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
Check This: How to earn $60 every hour playing video games
Required Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, computer engineering or related field (System Engineering, Information Systems Engineering, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunication
- Engineering, Network Systems Engineering)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in the telecommunications industry
- Understanding of project management principles. PMP certified preferred
- Proven experience management projects. (For Telcos preferably)
Minimum Experience & Essential knowledge:
- Strong knowledge and solid experience in Business Processes for Telco’s (eTOM Model preferably)
- Strong knowledge and solid experience in processes and applications (For telcos preferable)
- Knowledge in developing and maintaining PMI policies and procedures
- Knowledge and experience in project management. Must have very strong skills in Project Initiation especially in requirements gathering, understanding the level of detail required to proceed with any project, project estimation, planning and rapid mobilization.
- Good understanding of Telecommunication and computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
- Experience in link and apply complex technologies to business strategies. Comprehend complex, technical subjects.
- Exceptional service and results orientation.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of cultures in a diverse community
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language. Successfully presents technical information. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations to senior management.
- Ability to achieve results through others.
- Excellent self-organization and self-direction in performance of tasks, including time management skills.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of all technological advances is crucial.
How To Submit An Application To Airteltigo For The Position: IT Project Officer
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Applications & Curriculum Vitae to: Recruitment@airteltigo.com.gh
Kindly indicate the role you are applying for in the email subject.
Closing Date for Application: 10th March, 2023
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
CLICK HERE TO JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED