AfCFTA is looking to hire a Head of Division Digital Trade. The role holder report to the Head of Division Digital Trade.
Purpose of Job:
The role would be to have oversight, set policy direction for the development of the Protocol on Digital Trade, and formulate the strategy for the subsequent implementation of the Protocol, and to provide leadership for effective management and technical efficiency within the Digital Trade Division at the AfCFTA Secretariat.
See Also: Job Vacancies At Asante Gold Corporation
- Oversight, design strategy and programme management of the development, negotiation and implementation of the AfCFTA Protocol on Digital Trade negotiations;
- Lead the design and management of strategies and policies for the operations of the Digital Trade Division in order to align with and achieve the overall objectives of the Directorate and the AfCFTA Secretariat;
- Ensure the Division makes inputs into policy formulation in line with trade and integration strategies of the AfCFTA;
- Represent the AfCFTA Secretariat at meetings, conferences, seminars and etc;
- Engage stakeholders within State Parties and RECs in designing strategies for the implementation of the Protocol on Digital Trade;
- Supervise staff of the Division with regard to organisation and performance evaluation;
- Lead the preparation of the annual action plan and its corresponding resources for the Division;
Check Also: Hiring Ad at Citi Group
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience:
- Master’s degree in Economics, International Trade, International Relations, International Law, Technology-related disciplines, and/or related areas with twelve (12) years of relevant experience at increasingly senior levels in the field of corporate communications. Seven (7) of these years should be at senior management level and five (5) should involve a supervisory role. Certificates in Digital trade related matters such as e-commerce, data protection and privacy (governance), cyber security etc shall be an added advantage.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations both internally and externally
- Ability to develop and delegate clear programme goals, plans and actions, that are consistent with agreed strategies
- Ability to delegate the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority with regard to performance management and professional development
- Ability to effectively lead, supervise, mentor, develop and evaluate staff
- High degree of independence, maturity and initiative
- Ability to handle challenging questions and difficult stakeholders
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work
- Be flexible, adaptable and open to change
- Proficiency in one of the AU officials working languages (Arabic, English, French, Kiswahili, Portuguese and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage;
How To Submit An Application Head of Division Digital Trade – AfCFTA
Closing Date: May 19, 2023.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED