There is a new Graduate Recruitment At ACET. ACET seeks to recruit a Lead Research & Author for one of our flagship reports, the 2024 African Transformation Report. The report will focus on gender equity/equality and economic transformation. This position is a fixed-term, part-time contract for 12 months.
The Lead Researcher & Author for the ATR4 will be responsible for developing ACET’s foundational work on gender equity and equality in Africa. S/he will lead a small team of ACET resources to produce a robust report.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Specifically, the Lead Researcher & Author will lead:
- In consultation with ACET Management Committee (MC) and Head of the Gender Equality program, develop and define the primary thesis of the ATR
- Ensure intellectual rigor and quality of background papers by
Agreeing with the MC and ATR oversight committee the topics for background papers
- Coordinating the selection of suitable experts to develop high quality analytical papers
- Leading quality control of background papers review
- Managing and overseeing the peer review and feedback process for the background papers
- Oversee drafting of the ATR4 in consultation with MC and ATR oversight committee
- Manage the timely delivery of the ATR4 with respect to quality, budget, and timeline by producing the annotated outline and drafting the full report
- Managing the feedback collation and resolution process
- Collaborating with the relevant ACET resources (both internal and external) to produce the final report
- Drive alignment with ACET and funder processes including but not limited to progress reporting, procurement processes, HR policies, and financing regulations
- In agreement with MC, any other ATR processes that might require input/oversight of the Lead Researcher & Author.
Read On: Universities in USA that Accept HND
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A Masters or DPhil/PhD in economics with a focus on gender or a gender specialist with over 8 years of policy experience
- A track record of delivering intellectually rigorous and robust forward-looking analytical pieces
- Experience working on gender and economic transformation issues and a demonstrated understanding of the existing gaps at the gender and economics intersection in Africa
- A proven track record of successfully collaborating with cross functional teams to deliver a high-quality analytical product
- Demonstrated ability to translate technical analysis for a non-technical audience
- Research experience in multiple African countries
- Robust access to a network of gender and economics experts in Africa
- Ability to travel
Location: Accra or Remote
You Might Also Like:
- Accounting for International Development Job Vacancy
- Available Job Opportunity At WebFX
- Open Position At CARE Ghana
How To Submit An Application For ACET’s Graduate Recruitment
To apply tap on this Tab to apply now
Deadline: Tuesday, 31st January, 2023
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
- Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED