The Ghana National Fire invites job applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians for enlistment in the Service.
Eligible applicant must:
- Be a Ghanaian citizen by birth.
- Be with no criminal record and of good character.
- Be physically and medically fit by Ghana National Fire Service standards.
- Be of a minimum height of 1.73 metres (5ft 8 Inches) for males and 1.63 metres (5ft 4 Inches) for females.
- Be within the age ranges stated below for the various category of applicants.
(1) Officer Corps (1st Degree Entry) – Be not less than 18 years and not more than 35 years of age by 21st September 2021.
(2) HND Entry – Be not less than 18 years and not more than 35 years of age by 21st September 2021.
(a) Be not less than 18 years and not more than 30 years of age for General Duties and Tradesmen applicants and not more than by 21st September 2021.
(b) Be not more than 35 years of age for Drivers/Mechanics with a minimum
Driver’s License of Class “D”.
CATEGORIES & THEIR REQUIREMENTS
In addition to satisfying requirements “a”, “b”, “c”, “d”, and “e” in general eligibility, applicants must have an HND from an Accredited Tertiary Institution in addition to at least two (2) years post working experience in the under-listed fields;
- Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Architectural Engineering, or Building Technology from an Accredited Tertiary Institution.
b. Forensic Scientist:
- Physics, Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry or Computer Science from an Accredited Tertiary Institution.
c. Transport and Workshop Officers:
- Logistics, Supply Chain Management or a related field from an accredited Tertiary Institution.
d. Estate Officers:
Development Planning, Planning or a related field from an accredited Tertiary Institution
e. Marketing Officers:
- Marketing, Marketing Management, Advertising or a related field from an accredited Tertiary Institution
f. Accounts Officers:
- Procurement, Accounting, Business Management, Administration or a related field from an accredited Tertiary Institution.
g. Human Resource Officers:
- Human Resource Administration/Management, Consultancy
Hospitality Management, Tourism or a related field from an accredited Tertiary Institution.
HOW TO APPLY
STEP ONE (1) – Purchase E-Voucher
- The cost of the E-voucher is GH₵ 100.00 and can be purchased via three (3) platforms/alternatives as outlined below;
a. USSD Code – Applicants can dial the short code *422*470# follow the prompt and allow payment via mobile money on all mobile networks. After payment is successful, the Serial Number & Pincode are sent via SMS alert to the payee/applicant.
b. In-Branch (All GCB Bank Branches) – Applicants can walk into any GCB Bank Branch
Nationwide and physically purchase an E-voucher from an assigned teller.
c. Web Direct – Applicants can log-on to the application portal via url http://www.gognfs.com and select “Buy E-Voucher” on the welcome page, allow payment via Mobile Money, G-money, GCB Bank Account or VISA card. A printable voucher baring the Serial Number and Pincode is generated at the end of the transaction. Applicants can then proceed to the next page and commence application. Feature will be available from Friday, 3rd September 2021
STEP TWO (2) – Application Process
a. Visit http://www.gognfs.com
b. Read through the entry requirements thoroughly.
c. Click on the Apply Now button. Applicants who purchase the E-voucher via “Web Direct”
option shall straightaway click on “Apply Now” to commence the application process.
d. Enter your e-voucher Serial, Pincode and select your type of qualification i.e. (JSS,
TECHNICAL/VOCATIONAL, WASSCE, HND or DEGREE) and click on Verify.
e. Be sure to upload a passport sized photo of dimension 2 X 2 Inches (192 X 192 pixels) on a white background without a headgear or an eye-wear.
f. Note that on completion of all required fields, you would be required to Preview/Review
your application before finally submitting.
g. Click on the ‘Submit’ button after double-checking all supplied details and expect an
instant SMS/Email indicating receipt of application. The SMS/Email includes an Unique ID, which shall serve as an applicant’s identity throughout the remaining processes.
h. Print a copy of your application report and present it when invited via sms for subsequent recruitment processes at the various regional screening centres.
RANK ON PASSING-OUT (HND ENTRY APPLICANTS)
Note: HND Entry applicants shall be enlisted as Recruits but shall pass-out with the rank of Station Officer Grade II (STNOII).
SCREENING AND EXAMINATION
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted via text message and e-mail for Screening and Examination at the Screening Centre selected during the online application.
Applicants who are successful in the Screening and Examination will be invited in batches, for Medical Examination.
Only applicants who make it through the Medical Examination will be further invited for training.
1. All communication with Applicants will be via email, SMS and publication on the E-Recruitment portal. There will be no telephone calls.
2. Transportation/Feeding/Accommodation:Applicants are responsible for their own
transportation, feeding and accommodation throughout the recruitment exercise. They are
therefore advised to choose Screening Centers wisely.
3. Cost: Applicants will bear the cost associated with the application process, including the
cost of vetting and medical examination.
4. Note that there are no middlemen in the recruitment process and the advertised vacancies are not for sale. Any person found parading as an agent or middleman or pays/receives money to act as such is liable for arrest and prosecution; persons who deal with such people do so at their own risk.
5. Applicants who present false/fake documents are equally liable to arrest and prosecution.
6. Affidavit/documentation for change of date of birth shall not be accepted.
Sale of E-Vouchers starts on Monday, 23rd August, 2021 and ends on Friday, 16th September, 2021.
Online application starts on Wednesday,1st September, 2021 and ends on Sunday 19th
Visit the official Ghana National Fire Service Website via address http://www.gnfs.gov.gh
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED