Vodafone Ghana is looking forward to hiring a Foundation and Sustainability Lead.
- To lead the development and execution of Vodafone Ghana’s Foundation and Sustainability strategies. This involves supporting the delivery of Vodafone Group’s Foundation and Sustainability objectives within Vodafone Ghana, with a focus on managing environmental, social and corporate related risks and opportunities to protect, build reputation and brand value.
- The position holder coordinates and runs the affairs of Vodafone Ghana Foundation by providing a public profile, administrative, expertise and logistics support to the Trustees of the foundation in the discharge of their trusteeship roles.
- Main spoc for Vodafone Ghana on all Foundation & Sustainability related issues, studying trends across other VF Opcos best practise sharing etc. In addition the role holder would be the direct link with group in regards to Sustainability and Foundation activities in Ghana.
See Also: Job Vacancy At Baraka Shea Butter
- Development and management of Vodafone Ghana Foundation Strategy.
- Leading the implementation of initiatives and activities of the Foundation.
- Financial management of Foundation budget.
- Ensuring appropriate governance of Vodafone Ghana Foundation, systems and processes.
- Responsible for relationship management of Foundation Board members, NGO’s, government officials and other relevant organisations.
- Responsible for providing expertise and leadership-level support for initiatives to position Vodafone as a socially-responsible organisation.
- Public Profiling /Awareness Creation on the Work of the foundation.
- Compile periodic bulletin on the Foundation’s work for public information.
- Prepare annual report of the Vodafone Ghana Foundation
- Development and implementation of Sustainability (Environment, Sustainability and Governance) Strategy. Formulate action plans with defined objectives, targets and responsibilities to support agreed sustainability strategies.
- Ensure appropriate internal controls and measurement systems are in place to support sustainability efforts.
- Responsible for the formulation of the company’s long-term sustainability vision, mission and operating principles, and lead the development of a high-level strategy to support them.
- Facilitating internal and external communications and visibility as the company spokesperson on the Foundation and Sustainability issues.
- Responsible for building effective partnerships with external organizations to support sustainability efforts.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Minimum of postgraduate degree in development-related subject or environmental management subject (essential)
- Strong strategic and analytical skills (essential)
- Strong literacy and numeracy and skills (essential)
- Project management, communication and reporting experience
- Experience of Environmental and Social Impact Assessment and Management
- Good knowledge of business structures and processes.
Ability to develop and manage a budget
- Ability to work with people effectively at all levels both within and beyond the organisation
- Influencing skills, including the ability to communicate sustainability issues both internally and externally
- Prepare annual strategy paper with budget in consultation with Trustees to facilitate the work of the foundation.
- Organize bi-annual stakeholders’ dialogue on the work of the Foundation.
- Establish a formidable Network of Partners to draw support from for the Foundation’s work.
- Prepare and submit activity, investment and progress reports on the Foundation for the Group Foundation, Trustees and Director, Legal & External Affairs attention.
- Key personal attributes: integrity and accountability
Must have technical/professional qualification
- At least 5-8 years’ work experience in the Development sector (essential).
- Good understanding of the environmental and socio-economic agenda, through qualification and experience (essential)
- Knowledgeable in Social Responsibility in general with focus on Ghanaian environment.
- Ability to analyse social impact programmes that can benefit needy communities and society.
- Possess strong organisation and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet short deadlines.
- Have good interpersonal skills to accommodate all shades of opinions from people with diverse backgrounds in discharge of the critical role.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in the field of CSR, Charity work, Community Development and Sponsorship.
- United States of Africa Job Opportunities
- Cleaning/Housekeeping Jobs in Australia with VISA Sponsorship
- Maersk Announces New Job Vacancy
How To Submit An Application For Foundation and Sustainability Lead at Vodafone
Click on this Button to apply.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED