AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently publicizing a new job opportunity. The mining company is searching for a Safety Officer – Mobile Equipment & Traffic.
- Attend all scheduled and assigned environmental training meetings.
- Act on all employee environmental complaints and suggestions
- Identify and make input to the development of annual budget and ensure direct Manager or Manager once removed is informed of cost items.
- Support the planning and implementation of projects to improve traffic management, including coordinating with other departments, such as Mining and Engineering.
- Provide support to direct supervisor during the setting up of programs to enforce site traffic rules, mobile equipment standards and policies across site.
- Assist with the development of programs to improve pedestrian safety, such as walkway audits or construction of walkways across the mine.
- Monitor drivers using in-vehicle monitoring systems and other equipment to identify problems that need to be addressed and communicate same to leadership through direct supervisor.
- Coordinating with other relevant departments to ensure effective investigation of mobile equipment related incident across site.
Apply For: Career Opportunity At CH Group Limited
- Health, Safety and Environmental Officer Competency Certificate from Minerals Commission of Ghana.
- Must have a Degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences, or related fields from a recognised institution.
- Must have a basic professional qualification (NEBOSH IGC, or better.) in Health and Safety.
- ISO 45001 Lead Auditor Certification from a recognize institution will be an advantage.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years working experience in the mining industry.
- Must have an in-depth understanding and working knowledge of Safety rules and regulations.
- Understanding of Safety Management Systems including ISO 45001.
- Has successfully completed Accident Investigations course and can apply this knowledge to lead investigations for moderate or high events and can participate as a team member in High Potential Accident investigations.
- Must have strong presentation and communication skills as well as excellent report writing.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving license and be able to demonstrate adequate competence in driving.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft programs.
How To Send Applications For Anglogold Ghana’s Opportunity
Closing Date: 25th August, 2023.
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED