Newmont Mining Corporation is advertising a new vacancy. They are seeking to hire an Environment Officer – Reclamation and Waste Management.
In This Role You Will:
Closure and Reclamation
- Develop scope and workplan for concurrent reclamation program on an annual basis, and provide support for its execution and monitoring to ensure compliance to approved reclamation and closure plans and success criteria.
- Provide liaison support with the operations team to contribute to the creation of an endto-end Life of Mine (LOM) plan that accommodates for concurrent reclamation and meets the agreed closure criteria.
- Participate in the review of closure and reclamation designs.
- Provide support for the preparation and update of the LOM closure and reclamation costs estimates.
- Support the coordination and the collation of all necessary information for the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) reclamation bonding process.
- Coordinate field work activities of consultants engaged for closure and reclamation related projects.
- Develop, implement and measure success of Ahafo concurrent reclamation.
- Update Ahafo’s closure plan as required, and track progress against targets and objectives.
- Monitor all land disturbances from project development and related construction activities to ensure optimum stripping, stockpiling and management of top soil as well as compliance to all requirements and procedures.
Don’t Miss This: Job Vacancy At Donewell Insurance Company Limted
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
- A bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Civil Engineering or a related field.
- Knowledge of Ghanaian environmental regulations as they apply to mining.
- HSE Officer competency in Minerals and Mining (Health, Safety and Technical) Regulation (LI2182).
- Advanced understanding of environmental management systems.
- A valid Ghanaian Driver’s license (Minimum Class B).
- A minimum of 5 years’ environmental management experience working in the mining or related construction environments.
- Experience in working with ISO4001 or similar environmental management systems.
- Position is located at the Ahafo North site.
- The incumbent’s working time will be mainly spent in the field inspecting reclamation and reclaimed sites. These sites may be natural ground, waste rock dumps or within vegetation and uneven, inclined and wet terrain.
How To Submit A Request To Newmont For Its Vacancy
WhatsApp Job & Scholarship Alert
- To get daily Job and Scholarship Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED